7 Hour War

Welcome to the visitors complex, this is a place to gather and enjoy yourselves...
lilgamefreek
the extinct

Post by lilgamefreek »

This isn't really the best place to ask, but I'd like to ask, is there anyone here who'd be intrested in making a mod for HL2?

It's based on the Seven Hour War. I know it's tacky, but just give us a chance. We have, what I believe (because I wrote it), to be a great story and all we need is some muscle.

Here's the first "map"

Invasion:
(The setting of this chapter takes place in another non descript city, like City 17, but located along the US Eastern Sea border. You are in a more urban area of the city, full of apartment buildings and occasional row houses. The buildings are mostly intact, but there is heavy damage in certain areas, military installations, outposts, etc. You wake up in a small medical outpost.)

You wake up, staring at a very deep, red, smoky sky. The sides of two buildings rise up along the sides of your vision. You’re clearly lying in an alley way. Distant booms can be heard as background noise. An unnamed civilian walks over to him and begins examining him for injuries when he notices that you are awake. He yells “WE’VE GOT A LIVE ONE HERE!” off screen to someone. A new person emerges, who is in military attire. He instantly recognizes you (I’m hoping to have this man be someone you know, considering the frequent chance encounters you have in the Half Life world, preferably a soldier who was in the downed osprey with you. If no character fits and a stranger is substituted in, the scene can change accordingly). “Well, well. If I didn’t know better I’d of though you were some sort of god. Black Mesa AND this back to back. Jesus Christ. Here, let me help you up.” The soldier extends a hand out to you, but before you can get up a man leans out over the rooftop above you and shouts “FIGHTER (this would be a gunship, but I’m assuming that, so soon into the invasion, there would be no firm name for the enemies. Different names for enemies will come up often)!” The soldier above goes “Oh *******.” And yells out “EVERYONE HIDE!” A great bustle of activity happens around you and you’d see people (if you could move your head) run around and duck beneath tables, trashcans, anything that could provide cover.

A gunship roars overhead, the characteristic call echoing in the alley. When it is gone and the man on the roof returns to yell the all clear, the soldier reappears. You get up on your own. “Well I see you’re well enough to stand. Look, I’d love to have a reunion, but there’s a war going on. All branches of the military have been devestated. Airplanes shot down, tanks destroyed, ships sunk. You name it. We need every man and women we can get.” The man leads you over to a table. On the table are stacked PCVs, a radio, and some RPG ammo. “Here, take a PCV, charge it up on the car battery we have over there. (there’s an impromptu charger a car battery hooked to a civilian charger) You’re damn lucky we still have some. You’re also gonna need this.” The soldier pulls out an RPG and hands it to you. “I found it. Not much use to me, manning this alley, but you’ll need it out there. You’re sniper training isn’t much use against those mechs. Also, here’s a pistol if you run into any animals or... unsavory individuals. Now get out there. Don’t worry about me. I’ve already been sitting here for a couple hours. A couple more won’t hurt. Worry about our country instead.”

Armed with your weapons, you step out of the alleyway into the sun. The sun is just beginning to rise and it is blotted out the great masses of smoke rising from the fighting. In the air you can see one or two gunships are flying around, patrolling the area, but they are two far away to engage. Boomings grow progressively louder. Looking around, you see you are in an urban area. The apartments are part of a larger complex and are each about three stories in height. There are a few dead bodies and broken pieces of road, but the area is largely unscratched. The boomings grow even louder until it becomes apparent they are quite close by. You see a group of soldiers appear around a corner, some armed with RPGs, firing up at something that hasn’t quite made it around yet. Suddenly a large strider comes into view, guns a blazing. The soldiers continuously back up, one by one dropping like flies. Only one now remains, who is speared on the strider’s leg. It turns and sees you (you can fire off your RPG through this, it won’t kill it.) It begins advancing towards you, continuously firing off its gun wile it approaches. You begin to back up (I hope) when someone from one of the apartments freaks out and runs out into the open, leaving the door open. The strider also reaches the alley way, and, after some screaming, lets loose on it with the singularity cannon. A large amount of rubble and dust explodes from the apartment wall and falls down on the people in the alleyway. Hopefully it is obvious that you should go into the apartment building, who’s door is conveniently open. You go in and hike up the flights of stairs. You see a man beckon you into his room. He tells you that on the roof of the other building, just across the complex (you’ll actually be able to see it if you look out the window) is a military station that has been abandoned. On it are some ammo cache’s and such, and tells you that you should go for it. You hike down the fire escape into the alley, to be greeted by the gun fire of the strider. Running across the alley and onto the other building’s fire escape (the ladder has been lowered because quite obviously people have been trying to escape) you climb your way to the roof, while avoiding the gun fire from the strider. On the roof, when you get to the top, is a large ammo cache, quite a bit of pistol and submachine gun ammo. Once you leave the fire escape, the strider will attack you once with the singularity cannon in an attempt to destroy you, managing only to blow off the fire escape and a section of the roof. Now technically, you CAN jump down into the apparent safety of the building, but the strider will continue to assault you through the windows, you’ll have to deal with xen wildlife and once you get to the bottom you realize you have to return to the top to destroy the strider. So rather you should probably stay and destroy the strider. The strider would be stronger than the usual one taken perhaps +3 rocket hits than normal in order to take out. Finally when it’s dead, you can move on. You can get to the roof by hopping into through the hole in the roof, or you can take the civil route and go through the doorway that leads to the roof. In the building, you’re goal is basically to get back to ground level. As you journey through the building, you’ll find several bodies of soldiers and an amount of houndeyes, headcrabs, and maybe a bullsquid or two. You’ll find the submachine gun (maybe the shotgun as a bonus if you look hard enough). Once you get to the ground floor, the game progresses like any normal shooter game, in the same linear fashion.

I have pretty much the entire game mapped out. It's all really a matter of realization. If anyone is interested, e-mail us at SHWrecruitment@hotmail.com along with what you can do.

Zombies. Hilarious
JPController
a hunter

Re:

Post by JPController »

Why did I not see this back in 2007?
I've seen some of the concepts for the mod, infact I've been keeping tabs on it at moddb even commented on the page in September last year. You guys had a lot of followers, shame what happened.
Also, why'd you guys change forums?
I never received a notification that you did.
Edit: By chance are you apart of this mod?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/seven