Site Wars: John Arnold at JPDatabase EE Part 1

Come in and read some of my fan fics that am I working on and have finished. NO POSTING TOPICS, REPLIES ONLY.

Moderator: RickArnold

RickArnold
an egg

Site Wars: John Arnold at JPDatabase EE Part 1

Post by RickArnold »

Site Wars: John Arnold at JPDatabase

Three years before tRaptor and Snirtex’s flooder armies attempted to take over Dan’s JP3 Page; the flooder forces were relatively small and had no leaders at the time. At the time, tRaptor was a councilman on the JPDatabase Counsel, slowly being corrupted by a mysterious force. As for the rest of the major players of the Site Wars, they had yet to rear their heads... yet.

At the current time, JPDatabase was under siege by a small group of warriors called the Hackers, led by Drack and Bandido. JPDatabase was able to hold off the Hackers with ease, thanks to their grand warriors, Majestic, John Arnold, SamFan, Neo and Malcolm. But, the Hacker force has been grown amazingly, as rumors of a mysterious group supporting the Hackers grew as well.

The night air was cool and clean as it blew across the island of JPCompound as the city lights shined brightly. The streets were empty thanks to the island-wide curfew put into effect when special events were going on. The only thing in the streets was occasional cars, but even now they had come to halt. The Forum was buzzing with life, for tonight, they were holding a banquet to celebrate the alliance between JPDatabase and JPCompound. Everyone was attending, with Jon, the head of the JPDb board, as the guest of honor. Also attending from JPDatabase was his assistant; Malcolm, John Arnold and SamFan. The four of them were sitting in a dressing room, getting ready. Jon, Malcolm and John Arnold were all dressed in black tuxedos, and Sam was dressed in a sleek, red dress, as she stood in front of a mirror putting on dark red lipstick. John was frantically trying to tie his bowtie, but it was coming out bad each time.
“Having some trouble, John?” Malcolm said, grinning. John Arnold just shot a look at Malcolm and went back to fumbling with it. Sam turned around from the mirror, placing the lipstick in her purse and walked over to John.
“I’m not cut out for these fancy dinners,” John said, “I should be working on the chopper with Neo.”
“Would you like me to do it?” Sam asked. John Arnold released his grip on the bowtie and she started tying it. When she finished, she kissed John Arnold and went back to the mirror.
“Thank you…” John said as he walked over towards her. “I just don’t understand why I have to be here anyways. I mean, I’m not really a government official or anything. I’m just a pilot… with a gun.”
“Yea, but you did help set up the alliance between us, John.” Jon said, as he sat in a chair looking over note cards for his speech.
“And besides,” Sam said, “I needed to have a date.” She smiled at John as he sat down on a couch. She sat down next to him, as the door opened. Senator Bob Klein entered the room, smoking a cigar, with a wide grin on his face.
“How is everyone feeling?” Bob said as he blew a long puff of smoke into the air.
“Not to bad, Bob.” Malcolm said as he finished fixing up.
“Alright, I just want to go over the course of the evening.” Bob said as he took another puff from his cigar. “First, FrogDNA’s going to give his speech, which should run about a half-hour to forty-five minutes. Then, Senator JP Animal Control and I will present SamFan with a plaque.”
“Wait a second, why is JP Animal Control presenting?” SamFan said, “You and I are the head of foreign relationships for our sites. He’s just a public relations guy.”
“I don’t know, FrogDNA said that the two of us will be presenting, but anyways, after that, then Jon will make his speech.”
“Is that it?” Jon asked, as he looked over his note cards.
“Pretty much.” Bob said, as he put out his cigar in an ash tray. “Well, I’d like to hang around, but I still have some last minute details to go over.” Bob shook hands with Jon and left the room, closing the door. John Arnold just sat there, staring at the ceiling as Jon mumbled something to himself. Malcolm decided to speak up.
“Well… I can hardly wait.” John Arnold started laughing, before standing up and stretching.
“Glasses, John.” Sam said as she ran her fingers through her long, brown hair.
“Huh?” John said.
“Your glasses.”
“What about them?”
“Clean the lenses, they’re dirty!” Sam said, turning towards John and smiling at him.
“Oh?” John said, pulling the glasses off and examining them, “Ahh.” He pulled out a handkerchief and wiped the smudges off of them, before replacing the wire-framed glasses back on. “Better?” John said, in a half arrogant tone. Sam just grinned, before Jon decided to pipe in.
“Alright, people, I believe it’s time to go and have dinner.”
“Great… eating steak in front of hundreds of strangers.” John Arnold said as he grabbed his shoulder holster and put it on, it held a 9mm firearm, and Jon saw this and looked towards Sam.
“You’re carrying a gun?”
“Well, Seba is going to be at the dinner, eh?” John said grinning, as he threw his jacket on. Sam walked up to him and playfully pushed him towards the door. The four of them all walked out the door towards the banquet hall.

The evening had come to an end, as people had finally cleared out of The Forum. The janitorial staff was cleaning the floors, while the kitchen crew was hauling plates to the kitchen to wash. The Senators were gathering in the small tavern in the back, guzzling ales and beers, smoking cigars, and having a good time. Jon had decided to join them, while Malcolm, Sam and John got a booth and decided to have a few drinks of their own. At this point, Malcolm was already in a drunken stupor, he just sort of slept there, while Sam and John drank and talked.
“That was a nice evening,” John said as he sipped from a small glass of scotch. Sam took a sip of her drink and laid her head on his shoulder.
“Yes… it was.”
“What do you say… we leave Malcolm here and fly back to JPDatabase tonight?”
“What? Why?” Sam said.
“I don’t know… we could fly home and go back to my place. It’s a lot better then staying in a hotel tonight.” John said, finishing his drink.
“Alright, if you think you can fly the chopper.”
“Baby, I’ve flown worse choppers while I was hammered… ask Neo.” John said, smiling as he got out of the booth. SamFan slid out of the booth as well, finishing her drink as well, and Malcolm fell over, hitting his head on the table and continuing to sleep. John walked over to Jon and tapped him on the shoulder. “Hey, Jon.” Jon turned around.
“Yes?”
“Sam and I are going to take the chopper home tonight and I’ll have Mike come out and get you first thing in the morning.”
“Why are you leaving?” Jon asked.
“Well, I…” John was saying as Sam butted in.
“We.”
“Yes… We feel like getting home tonight instead of staying here.” John said, as Senator Seba walked up to him and slapped him on the back.
“Eh, John Boy!” Seba said, clearly drunk, “Come and have a drink with me!! We’ll get bombed and go play some Russian roulette, that sound good?!”
“Why don’t you get started without me, Seba…” John said, rolling his eyes, “Although I’d hate to miss an opportunity to see you die.” Seba just laughed and walked off towards the back room.
“Alright then, John.” Jon said, “I’ll give Neo a call in the morning when I need to be picked up. Have a nice night, you two.” John shook hands with Jon, then him and SamFan left the bar, heading towards his car.

While JPCompound was almost dead at this time of night, tonight, Dan’s JP3 Page was very much alive, as the streets were bustling with life. It was the capitol of the Inner Rim of the Internet, only matched in strength by that of InGenNet. It was also the home of the Admins, founded by Dan and DinoTrack. Dan also founded Dan’s TLW Page many years ago, a grand site that was abandoned when it was plagued with flooders. When he created Dan’s JP3 Page, he vowed to defend the Internet against flooders, hackers and spammers alike, and the Admins were created, with the help of longtime friend, DinoTrack, the Lord of the Chat Room, who like Dan, wanted a safer Internet for him and his family. Dan took on the Administrative roles, while DinoTrack took to training new recruits, including two of the first members, Trillian and Seth Rex. The Admins had been mostly successful, being a key factor in the eradication of the flooders, but were criticized by many for being a peacekeeping organization, opposed to a militaristic group. Now, Dan was holding a meeting between him, DinoTrack, Seth and some others. They were all sitting a large conference table looking at papers and other items. Dan was the first to speak up.
“And I believe, by forming an alliance with JPCompound, we will be able to deliver goods more quickly and easily without having to worry about smuggler rings and the such.” Everyone shook heads in agreement, and then DinoTrack spoke.
“That’s true, Dan, but we already have an alliance with JPDatabase, who are far more valuable, and Jon isn’t as power-hungry as Senator FrogDNA. Although, we do need the alliance, so I’m all for it.”
“Then is it all in agreement?” Everyone agreed and Dan grinned. “Alright, then I will arrange a meeting between Seth and Senator Gladiator6k. Meeting adjourned.” The group all stood up and walked out, except for Seth and DinoTrack, who stood by the door for a moment and talked.
“You don’t think that JPCompound could try to take advantage of this alliance to get in under our noses, do you?” Seth said.
“It could be very possible, but I try not to think about that, yet. Let’s just go downstairs, and see how Mad is coming along.” The two walked out of the room and headed for the elevator. They were talking as someone stepped out of the elevator.
“Daddy!” DinoTrack turned, as his daughter, Becky, stepped out of the elevator. She ran up to him and they hugged.
“What are you doing back, Becka-Lynn? I thought you were staying at JurassicPark.com with your mother for another week.”
“I know, but I wanted to come back early to be with you.” Becky said, smiling at her father.
“Oh… so she had a last minute business trip, eh?” DinoTrack said, staring at Becky sternly.
“Yes…” Becky said, holding her head down.
“That’s alright, I don’t care.” DinoTrack said, “I’m just held up with a lot of meetings this week, but I’m glad you are home anyways. I’ve been hearing bad things going on there.”
“What have you been hearing?” Seth said to DinoTrack, almost anxiously.
“There have been talks of certain gangster families gaining power there.”
“Oh?” Seth said. Becky had become bored of this talk and decided to change the topic.
“How have you been, Seth?” Becky said, smiling at him almost dreamily.
“Fine.” Seth said, “In fact, your father has just stuck me on a fun business trip of my own. Now I hate to burden this reunion, so I’ll just go find Mad. I’m sure we’ll have to move out early tomorrow.”
“Good night, Seth.” DinoTrack said, as Seth stepped into the elevator and the door slid shut.

It was almost three in the morning, as John Arnold and SamFan slept silently in his bed, when his phone abruptly started ringing. The ringing startled John, as he rolled off the side of the bed, but Sam casually turned on his bedside lamp and answered the phone.
“Hello?” Sam said, groggily, “Yes, hold on a second, Neo. He’s right here.” John was sitting on the bed, as Sam handed him the phone. “It’s Neo.” John took the phone and put it to his ear.
“Do you have any idea what time it is?” John said, as he grabbed his glasses from the bedside table and put them on. He was still wearing his tuxedo, minus the jacket and the bowtie, and Sam was still wearing her dress, as she walked off into the bathroom. “It’s that bad? Alright, have the men waiting; I’ll be down there as soon as I can.” John hung up the phone and stood up, walking over to his dresser.
“What’s the matter?” Sam said, from the bathroom.
“Security Outpost Delta hasn’t reported in since last evening, after broadcasting a scrambled message, which Neo just unscrambled.”
“What was the message?”
“From what he told me… it was, ‘We’re under attack, send help immediately.’” Sam walked out of the bathroom, and over to John.
“So what are you doing?” John took off his dress shirt and pants, putting on a white t-shirt and a pair of tan shorts, in place.
“Majestic and I are going in...” John walked over to his closet and opened it, grabbing a bright blue Hawaiian shirt and his dusty, old JPDatabase baseball cap. He grabbed the shoulder holster off the bed post and put it on, as he put on the Hawaiian shirt and threw on the cap. He turned to Sam, and kissed her. “I love you...”
“Don’t get yourself killed…”
“Don’t worry, I’ve got Majestic with me.” John said with a smile.

A lone target sat on a wooden frame, inside a building, slowly rustling with the cool air from the building’s air conditioner. The target had no bullet holes in it, yet. A few seconds later, a blast of gunfire sounded, and the bull’s-eye was shredded, along with most of the area around it. Standing in the booth, about fifteen yards away from the target, was Majestic, gripping a smoking assault rifle in his hands, with a pair of yellow-tinted glasses on and a big grin. He was wearing combat boots, camouflage pants, and a black t-shirt.
“Lock and load…” Majestic said, as the door opened behind him. General Thade entered, followed by two men dressed from head to toe in camouflage fatigues. Majestic turned towards them and let out a sigh.
“Majestic…” Thade said, as he examined the target. “Impressive. It’s a shame you never did join the military, you’d probably be a three star general right now.”
“Sorry, Thade, but a desk job doesn’t interest me.” Majestic replied, “I live for the field. And besides, working as a mercenary offers me more job freedom.”
“Ohh? How so?”
“My decisions aren’t altered by political bullshit, like re-elections and public opinion. The public’s opinion of me doesn’t mean crap to me.”
“True, but wouldn’t you rather be a leader, like I am?” Thade said, grinning at Majestic sheepishly.
“Pal… you aren’t leading but two things, Jack and sh*t. And Jack just left town.” The two men behind Thade grinned slightly, as Thade squirmed with his tie and cleared his throat.
“Yes… well I came here, because I’m aware of the little ‘mission’ you and Arnold are going out on. And I decided to loan you two some help.”
“Thanks, but no thanks, Thade.” Majestic said. “John and I have it more then covered.”
“You don’t understand… Majestic. This is not an offer… this is an order. You do it, or I’ll shut this little operation of yours down.” Thade said, as he looked around.
“Alright, who’s the boy scouts?” Majestic said, smiling at the two soldiers arrogantly.
“These two soldiers are the cream of the crop.” Thade said, as one of them stepped forward, blond hair sticking out from beneath his cap.
“Private First Class Compy 9.” the soldier said, shaking Majestic’s hand, “And this is Private Iguanodon2k1.”
“Charmed…” Majestic said as he pulled the clip out of his assault rifle and threw it in a pile of empty clips, before placing the rifle on a workbench. “Can either of you fire a gun?”
“This is the military, sir,” Compy 9 said, “We’re trained to fire weapons of all types.” Majestic stared at him a second, as he grabbed a 9mm sidearm off a shelf.
“I mean can you fire it with any precision. I’m not looking for a bunch of haphazard little recruits that can fire an assault rifle in any direction without any care for anyone. I need someone who can nail a hacker in the heart from fifty yards away.”
“These men were the best in their class, and you are taking them. End of story.” Thade said, as he patted the men on their backs and left the building. Majestic watched Thade leave, before going back to work.
“Alright, go wait outside, I’ll be right there. We have to drive down to the hanger.”
“What about weapons?” Compy 9 asked.
“I’ve got a storehouse down there.” Majestic replied, as the two soldiers walked outside and he started putting stuff away. When the two were gone, then he said, “I just hope John’s going to go along with this…”
Last edited by RickArnold on 09 Dec 2003, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.