New to JPdb

Are you new to the Jurassic Park database? Have you recently registered and your still validating your account? If so, start your first topic here! Feel free to introduce yourself to the existing members of the Jurassic Park database.
Xuliang
an egg

Post by Xuliang »

Hello everybody! Wow, I'm so glad I found the site... I've been a huge dinosaur fanatic for a long long time, but I switched from the herbivores to the carnivores as I got older. I guess I better introduce myself. My name I go by is Xuliang across the internet. I'm a member of deviantART, Sheezyart, and some Sonic the Hedgehog sites. I make music digitally with a program called FL Studio 8, in which I've actually made two Jurassic Park remixes. One of them is on the net, the other is still being tweaked with dinosaur sound clips. I love to draw a lot, and I've attempted dinosaurs before.

As you can probably tell I looove Raptors! lol They're my favorite next to the Spinosaurus. Next after the Spino comes the Dilophosaurus and then the Tyrannosaurus Rex. I like the Spino a lot because he's the powerhouse of the island in Jurassic Park 3, but the raptors are more catching now-a-days. I love their little head motions and how they walk!

Let's see... I just recently got my hands on the Jurassic Park 3 movie thanks to a friend of mine. He was very nice and gave it to me. I have all three movies, and I went to Florida with my school band. We technically left on Friday, March 20th, but we didn't take off until midnight. The very first park we went to was Islands of Adventure and needless to say I spend the whole day in the Jurassic Park area... which wasn't intentional. My friend and I went and had a water fight with the cannons. The great thing about the Dilophosaurus cannons was that they 1. had the frill on their necks to duck behind and 2. you didn't have to aim them up and down, the water stream was pointed up automatically at the upper cannons. There wasn't a dry stitch on us. Made it impossible to go down the slides XD We then went up into the nets and everyone decided to play tag. It was a heck of a lot of trouble just to catch people in the nets! There were so many places for the others to escape! Wow I'm 17 and I'm playing tag and running around like an idiot... rofl

My imagination usually gets the best of me... Just a warning lol. I'm a humble Raptor I guess you could say. I'm glad to have found a Jurassic Park Forum. Now I'm gonna go hunt for a bit -leaps into the bushes-
Jon
db 2nd generation
Special Ranking: The All Seeing Eye

Post by Jon »

Welcome to the site Xuliang! I hope you enjoy your time on here as many others have. I must say you have some very interesting talents. You should post some of your art on here for others to see.

I remember visiting Universal Studios way back when just before the Island of Adventure was completed. They had a whole gallery filled with concept art and flyers. It was awesome to return a few years later and see how much of the concept art made it into the actual park. Now I hear they are adding more to the park. I want to go back!

What instrument do you play for the school band?

To think about it, I was 17 when I started this site. Truly a fun age especially with an over-active imagination /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />... I think. Then you grow up once you turn 18... uhoh.

PS. No hunting the other visitors. They are not food. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Webmaster of the one and only JPdb
1999 to current, and still going.
Xuliang
an egg

Post by Xuliang »

lol I had a friend of mine about a week ago call me the "Jurassic Girl" because I was wearing my Jurassic Park t-shirt. I just sketched up a side profile of a Raptor head today to see what I could do. I'd love to upload it! I have a Spinosaurus too! How would I go about putting them up?

The Jurassic Park area in the park has to be THE BIGGEST! I loved it! There was just so much to look at! I wanna go back! X3 It was kinda creepy when we went because while we were climbing around up high with all the dinosaur noises below, there was a storm coming. My friends and I were all like "oh man, the dinosaurs got loose when the storm hit the island!" Then we saw a rainbow while we were playing tag still (even with the rain) up in the nets. We were sooo high up!

My old band teacher actually had me play anything and everything. He'd even put me on the drums if we were short (never happened though). My main instrument is the Mellophone, the marching version of the french horn. I used to play trumpet and I still would too if I had a choice lol. They had the melody when we played John William's Trilogy (I helped pick out the song because it had Jurassic Park in it /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> My band director actually let us play it for a concert!)

My mind never stops thinking... lol... 90% of the time I'm living somewhere else than where I'm really at (school XD). I'd go into the animatronics field and make robots but then there's the whole "gotta learn math" thing. That's my worst subject so I might just have to let that one slide. ^^; Ya... 18... Evil number... -bites it-

-sticks head up out of the bushes- Do what? No people?! Darn... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> lol
Last edited by Xuliang on 20 Apr 2009, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
JPController
a hunter

Post by JPController »

Oh we're here, just hiding in the bushes straight ahead, you can make it if you run, welcome to JPD, I hope you find it an interesting experience here. I've been here since 2000, since the original forum was here, then they moved to this, I'm known as JPC or simply JPController. Glad to see there are still some people who are fans, I log in once in a while to follow up on things, like I do with all forums I join, hopefully you'll like it here.
Last edited by JPController on 30 Apr 2009, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.
JPD VET DJP3 VET InGenNet VET
Site B Owner
JPController
a hunter

Post by JPController »

Wow guys, way to make me look like a creep. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />
Anyone else going to welcome her here?
Last edited by JPController on 03 May 2009, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
JPD VET DJP3 VET InGenNet VET
Site B Owner