If Jurassic Park ever happened....

Could Jurassic Park ever really happen? How much of what you saw in Jurassic Park can be considered real? Discuss all of that and more here...
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

well, i'm sure they put different voltage for different paddocks(just like you can do in Operation Genesis) and tailored them to the dino inside. well, that's the resposible thing, but if the Dilophosaur fence says 10,000...welll then that all goes out the window.

P.S. how much is 10,000 volts? if Tim could survive(by a little) then what effect would it have on the Rex? or raptors?(although they probably had higher voltage for the raptors...but then the Rex fence said 10,000..i think...i have to double check later)
lilgamefreek
the extinct

Post by lilgamefreek »

Well, they weren't trying to kill the damn things, just make them learn that touching the shiny things was a no-no.

Zombies. Hilarious
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

Yeah, the raptors knew that, but even then..., they kept testing the fence.

When Timmy got shocked, I guess it was a chance factor thing for him to survive...? Then again, they COULDN'T have a little kid DIE (like that) in a film... lol.
Tyrannis
db 2nd generation

Post by Tyrannis »

Unfortunately children don't die in movies, wish they did it'd be nice.
When all is said and done and the world is empty how much does it really matter the amount of money you had or what car you drove?
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

lol. Thats a nice thought... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

QUOTE Well, they weren't trying to kill the damn things, just make them learn that touching the shiny things was a no-no.[/quote]

well yeah i know that. what i was saying was that if Tim was alright after a shock, then it wouldn't really do much to the Rex, would it?

then again you're probably right Nissin, since it was a pretty close call

QUOTE COULDN'T have a little kid DIE (like that) in a film[/quote]

well remember, Jurassic Park was sort of Sci-Fi Horror, so it's not so far off

but Speilberg wouldn't have allowed Tim to die /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

Well, yeah. True. And you're right, if it didn't have much effect on Timmy, and Raptors were just testing the fences for weaknesses then isn't the T-rex bound to just knock down the fence? Same with the Trike and prehaps other large dinosaurs...the electrical current probaby didn't have much effect on them - the dinosaurs just had to learn about 'escaping' thats all... and having dinner outside their box... lol... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

well, Tim almost died, so it was quite a bit of voltage...if it was enough to almost kill a human, then a Rex would probably feel a little prick on her skin and then knock the fence down. same with any of the large dinos.

but if it was enough to keep a Rex at bay, it should've instantly killed Tim. same with any of the small dinos.

Tim was shocked at the perimeter fence...so it was either really high(last resort for dinos that escape the inner enclosures) or really low(not expecting dinos to escape that far)

question is: was there a voltage sign nearby and what did it say?

what did all the voltage signs say?

were they all the same?
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

If only Tim had actually died /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> . It wouldve been grisly to see a dead kid onscreen, but far more realistic. Quite frankly he was kind of annoying.

BTW, they might need terrariums for an actual JP. Wasn't the air back then different than the present day?

--------------------
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Rex-Jay wrote:If only Tim had actually died /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> . It wouldve been grisly to see a dead kid onscreen, but far more realistic. Quite frankly he was kind of annoying.

BTW, they might need terrariums for an actual JP. Wasn't the air back then different than the present day?

--------------------
i think i know why that is:

they diminished Tim's character. in the novel, he was the older computer wiz, and Lex was the younger tomboy who liked baseball. for some reason, they combined them into the movie Lex and made Tim a kid who likes Paleontology.

wasn't it that there was less oxygen? or was it more?

if it was less, then there's no problem...

but if it was more...well, i think it was brought up before, but i can't remember how they debated it. i think they had a solution to it.