If Jurassic Park ever happened....

Could Jurassic Park ever really happen? How much of what you saw in Jurassic Park can be considered real? Discuss all of that and more here...
Velociraptor28
an egg

Post by Velociraptor28 »

If people cloned dinosaurs and made a theme park like Jurassic Park the dinosaurs would not be the size they were 65 million years ago. The reason I think this is I remember hearingsome where that there was about 20% more oxygen in the air than today and that was why they were so big. If they were cloned today they would be extremely smaller because of the less oxygen in the air today.
Tyrannis
db 2nd generation

Post by Tyrannis »

I've heard that there wasn't that big a difference maybe 1 or 2 percent different that's it, I don't know what allowed dinos to get so big but it more than likely wasn't the oxygen content of the air.
When all is said and done and the world is empty how much does it really matter the amount of money you had or what car you drove?
JPjunkie
a hatchling

Post by JPjunkie »

If there's one thats increased in the air since then, it's Polution! They'd die from the toxins in the air.
[b]~Jurassic Park Guru~[/b]
[i]- Systems Techie -[/i]
Tyrannis
db 2nd generation

Post by Tyrannis »

Maybe maybe not no one will know until we try.
When all is said and done and the world is empty how much does it really matter the amount of money you had or what car you drove?
Deepu_ravi
a hunter

Post by Deepu_ravi »

i have heard that the oxygen level was 30% during the reign of the dinosaurs and that they lacked diaphragm.due to the high oxygen content diaphragm was not necessary.so if they are to cloned at present they would not be able to breath because of the low level of the oxygen and also due to the absense of diaphragm.
[The lawyer seeks shelter from the T.Rex in a bathroom]
Dr. Alan Grant: Well where does he think he's going?
Dr. Ian Malcolm: When you gotta go, you gotta go

- Jurassic Park
JPjunkie
a hatchling

Post by JPjunkie »

Psff. I've read those articles... That's creastionists ramblings on how birds aren't from dinosaurs. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I highly doubt a Brachiosaur walked about with no sort of way to take in air effiently. And even if the oxygen level was at the 30%, they'd still have to take in tons of air moving through a very long distance. They may of had something different than today's creatures.
Tyrannis
db 2nd generation

Post by Tyrannis »

do crocodilians have a diaphragm and do birds have a diaphragm? If so then I don't think theory holds a lot of weight condsidering the number of creatures that survived adnall seem to be doing fine now.
JPjunkie
a hatchling

Post by JPjunkie »

No, bird and reptiles don't have them, but they don't need them. Birds breath too fast for them and reptiles aren't active animals.

20 ton dino = active
Tyrannis
db 2nd generation

Post by Tyrannis »

maybe they breathed fast or their vascular systems were just so long that they didn't need to worry about it.
Deepu_ravi
a hunter

Post by Deepu_ravi »

that is not the problem here the problem is that whether they will able to adapt to this new environment with less oxygen percentage.
[The lawyer seeks shelter from the T.Rex in a bathroom]
Dr. Alan Grant: Well where does he think he's going?
Dr. Ian Malcolm: When you gotta go, you gotta go

- Jurassic Park