20 million year old spider DNA

Could Jurassic Park ever really happen? How much of what you saw in Jurassic Park can be considered real? Discuss all of that and more here...
beeurd
db 2nd generation

Post by beeurd »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4296398.stm

They found a spider trapped in amber, and are hoping to extract it's DNA. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />
Founder of the JPdb Bar & Grill
GalacticBasic.net Star Wars Forums
Tyrannis
db 2nd generation

Post by Tyrannis »

I had not seen that but that is very cool, who knows maybe they'll be able to clone an extinct spider.
When all is said and done and the world is empty how much does it really matter the amount of money you had or what car you drove?
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

would they be dangerous if brought back?
Tyrannis
db 2nd generation

Post by Tyrannis »

Does it matter? It's a spider, besides I'm just kidding.
When all is said and done and the world is empty how much does it really matter the amount of money you had or what car you drove?
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

well, yeah i caught a little hint of a joke, but what i meant was, how much different were spiders 20 million years ago? were they deadly? etc. and if so would they be a threat to humans or other species
Garfielosaurus_rex
a hunter

Post by Garfielosaurus_rex »

A very good news for the paleontology world. I hope that they will succeed for cloning it, also that if they do that, that the cloned spider will not escape and bite a student. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Last edited by Garfielosaurus_rex on 30 Sep 2005, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
lilgamefreek
the extinct

Post by lilgamefreek »

That would be funny if it escaped and doomed all of humnaity. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

wait. . .

Zombies. Hilarious
beeurd
db 2nd generation

Post by beeurd »

I'm sure if it was well enough preserved to find blood inside, they would also be able to find traces of any poisons that the creature might have produced.
Founder of the JPdb Bar & Grill
GalacticBasic.net Star Wars Forums
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

And then..., Mr Speilburg could turn it into a movie... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />