Jurassic Park: Hunters

Jurassic Park for the Super Nintendo - Project Genesis for the Consoles and PC's ... discuss it all here and upcoming JP titles..
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

This would probably be a PS3/XB360/Nintendo Rev. game
Last edited by Rex-Jay on 11 Jun 2005, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT FOR ROLAND, EXCLUDING AMMO (Lethal Force):

(default) Desert Eagle, Uzi Machine Pistol, Submachine Gun, Spaz Shotgun, Hunting Rifle, M16, Toxic Rifle (found in Compound and as a bonus), (bonus) Minigun w/ infinite ammo, Precision Aiming, Elongnated Clip

WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT FOR HARRY (Ranger):

(default) Tranq. Pistol, darts (Haze[default], Snooze, and Dreamer), Lindstradt Air Rifle, Enhanced Scope Lens, Multi-Purpose Scope, (bonus) Homing Tranq. Rifle w/ infinite ammo

EQUIPMENT FOR ANNE (Scout):

(default) knife, machete, tazer, (default) binoculars, night vision goggles, thermal goggles (save this for when you really need it...), radar, assorted scent lure/avoid mixtures, assorted camouflage, (bonus) Invisibility
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

Still sounds damn good!
TyrannosaurusMatt
a wonderer

Post by TyrannosaurusMatt »

I like your game idea. But here some advice. Its no good sitting around waiting for a game idea to be made. Its best to get some skills and make it yourself whether its through modding or indie gaming development. Its sounds like a great idea. Go for it in terms of make it a reality.

Jurassic Park Legacy Co-Webmaster
www.jplegacy.org

Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

Yes but I have to admit I have no video game making/modding skills that I know of...

It's only a game after all. Not even a real one! My only chance is to submit my ideas to a game company like EA Games, DW, etc. or learn to mod.

Anyways...

Tactics for dealing with the game's more dangeous dinosaurs:

DILOPHOSAURUS:
Although their size might be intimidating, Dilophosaurus is really one of the most delicate dinosaurs in the game. Strafe to avoid their spit and be sure to look away whenever they start shrieking and its frill comes out. Desert Eagle fares pretty well against them, but heavier weapons are preferable.

COMPSOGNATHUS:
These guys are just plain annoying. Be careful, if you get bitten too many times you'll be poisoned.

VELOCIRAPTOR:
Once this thing sees you, theres almost no escaping it. They're wicked fast, can swim, can jump over most obstacles, and almost always hunt in packs. One option is to use Anne to climb a nearby to the highest point possible where two things can happen: (if Roland and Harry have spotted) shoot the thing while its trying to decipher which prey to go after, or you can taunt it by making Anne simply stay in the tree and the Raptor will eventually give up. They can only trees to a limited extent.

CARNOTAURUS:
First of all, use your thermal goggles. Have Anne check where the animal/s is/are hiding, then switch over to either of your men and shoot it. Keep moving because it is primarily an ambush predator, so don't stand still. Don't let it get too close either. BTW, the usually hunt alone, sometimes in pairs.

TASSALODROMEUS:
InGen has created only one of this creature. So you think this should be easy right? No, this guy can be annoying. It has swift aerial maneuvers and can dodge basically all your handheld weapons. You have to run to a Jeep and have Harry mount the turret while you equip Roland with the Toxic Rifle. Lure the Tassalodromeus to an overhead area where Roland can see it. Switch to Roland and take aim and shoot the creature with a toxic dart. PLEASE NOTE: Since you're not meant to collect DNA from this creature, tranq. rounds will have no effect on this creature.

SPINOSAURUS:
This creature has less vitality than a Rex, so you can resort to Lethal Force. But that would still cost a lot of ammo, which to you would have buy more later because, lets face it, you're gonna run out sooner or later. This thing is also extremely territorial, and they usually set their territories near one of Isla Muerte's many rivers. So water + plains = Spinosaurus.

TYRANNOSAURUS REX:
Ah, this thing is to dinosaurs as the rocket launcher is to guns! The Rex has it all when it comes to brute strength and sheer vitality. To avoid this creature, stand still. Switching to another character doesn't count as movemet, however. So do that as much as you wish. If you do ever get caught in a move-move situation in front of a T-Rex you can do one of two things: run like **** and use your best weapon as a distraction OR if you are near another large dinosaur in its environment (like a Triceratops or even another Rex) then run to the other animal. It will sense the Rex as a threat and unwittingly letting you make your escape. Above all, use lots of visual camo with Anne, since it is heavily dependent on its eyes. Finally, good luck!
JPDinolover
a hatchling

Post by JPDinolover »

Is there a system on the internet that allows you to create games that you can download for free? I have some modding skills(although not many) and a good amount of game making skills, and modeling skills. Perhaps I could work on it, as well as my own game I'm making. I think I will post my idea on a new topic sometime later tonight.
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

OOooooo /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />
Deepu_ravi
a hunter

Post by Deepu_ravi »

very interesting keep on posting
[The lawyer seeks shelter from the T.Rex in a bathroom]
Dr. Alan Grant: Well where does he think he's going?
Dr. Ian Malcolm: When you gotta go, you gotta go

- Jurassic Park
STA Nirvana IND

Post by STA Nirvana IND »

i have some modding and game programing skills (i am redoing the original OO7: GoldenEye game for the n64) if you are all still planning on creating this game i would like to help (if you still need any help)
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

Go for it man!!!!!!!!!!