Jurassic Park: Hunters

Jurassic Park for the Super Nintendo - Project Genesis for the Consoles and PC's ... discuss it all here and upcoming JP titles..
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

i was just thinking...

shouldn't the Rex be a little less invincible?

(wasn't Roland ready to go after it with two bullets?...)

same goes for Spino...
lilgamefreek
the extinct

Post by lilgamefreek »

The whole switching between people is sad. I'd rather have it multiplayer/kick-ass AI. In single player it can be an option to switch.

Zombies. Hilarious
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

I was drawing inspiration from games like Commandos, and other small-scale strategy games; yet I still envision the action as beeing seen from a 3rd-person perspective (like Star Wars: KOTOR, but should it be turn-based?). To make it easier on the players, there will be an option where you can toggle it so that all three will go in a certain direction or do something all three can do that you choose.
Last edited by Rex-Jay on 12 Jul 2005, 09:03, edited 1 time in total.
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

lilgamefreek wrote:The whole switching between people is sad. I'd rather have it multiplayer/kick-ass AI. In single player it can be an option to switch.
If you a friend or two with you, you wont have to switch depending on how many players u have.
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

Rex-Jay wrote:I was drawing inspiration from games like Commandos, and other small-scale strategy games; yet I still envision the action as beeing seen from a 3rd-person perspective (like Star Wars: KOTOR, but should it be turn-based?). To make it easier on the players, there will be an option where you can toggle it so that all three will go in a certain direction or do something all three can do that you choose.
that's a really good idea. KOTOR was amazing when i played the first one. if it is turn-based it should still be ok, but it might not work well in a JP dinosaur game. for example, if you're in the middle of a hunt, it wouldn't be very exciting or realistic if the the raptors slashed at you and then waited for you to make a move.
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

Like Grand Theft Auto, you should be able to freely roam the island and take on the missions whenever you want. For example, you can freely hunt dinosaurs and earn money and then buy the equipment necessary for handling the missions (ammo, equipment). You must go to certain locations to accept missions and adventures, such as utility sheds. Others are triggered by entering certain areas of the island for the first time.
god_that_failed
a wonderer

Post by god_that_failed »

this is a great idea! you should make this into a mod. the best engine i think would be best for this is the engine in up coming "george a. romero's city of the dead". it can have tons of npcs on screen at ounce, it has a point system built in to the engine, great graphics, only thing is it comes out Q1 2006. its an fps, but you can probably program it to have a third person view. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

but if you dont want to wait for city of the dead, then you can use valve's source engine. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
TyrannosaurusMatt
a wonderer

Post by TyrannosaurusMatt »

Or mod GTA San Andreas? The ways of doing this are endless. Good luck with it. I have my own idea for a JP hunting game, its called Jurassic Park: Harvest. More laters.

Jurassic Park Legacy Co-Webmaster
www.jplegacy.org

Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

Perhaps another bonus feature is that when you collect all the DNA/eggs possible from each available dinosaur you will unlock Battle Mode. For example, if the objectives is Collect Raptor Eggs, notice how it doesnt give an amount. By default you only have to collect about 3 until the Collect Raptor Eggs objectives is completed. But you can go all the way and keep collecting until the objective screen says Extra Objective Completed: Collect Raptor Nest. Do this for all species and you get to play as Roland aboard the S.S. Requiter, a ocean hauler charged with the shipment of dinos back to Palo Alto. You have only dual six-shooters with infinite ammo at your disposal. You must kill as many carnivores that roam the ship as possible without getting killed. Think of it as Wild West Dino Crisis JP-style.

The part about Roland aboard the ship comes from an idea for JP4 which i will post soon. BTW, in the movie, Roland will NOT have infinite ammo revolvers. Yes, Roland will be in it...and Billy Brenan...and someone else you've all been wanting to see for a long time. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
Last edited by Rex-Jay on 14 Aug 2005, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.