Need help

Got news, ideas, pictures of your park, hacks, or cheats .. discuss them all here....
Sourge

Post by Sourge »

I once played this game almost 2 years ago. Loved it, but somehow forgat it. Than by coincidence I found an old article about it. I can't find the game in stores (off course) anymore, so I downloaded it. But somehow it keeps crashing when I try to breed a dinosaur. My whole pc shuts down, and I have no idea why.

It doesn't happen when I run in 640x480 mode, but that just sucks. It ruins the game in that quality, and it only happens when I breed an dino. I prefer running at highest quality, off course there is no lag or whatsoever, but at that point it crashes.

I tried shutting down all application which are not important, and give the process an High priority. Still it happens.

I have a good computer and a good videocard. I run games like HL2 at High and Rome: Total War everything at Highest. Just to name two strong graphic games. Please help me, I would love to play this game (again). /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

QUOTE so I downloaded it[/quote]

That could be your problem right there.

I don't know how to fix that problem, so I hope someone else can give you a solution, but I'd suggest you go to GameStop or EBgames to buy your own copy. They do still have it.

Other than that, you may just have to play at 640x480. It's not that big a deal.
Last edited by SSJDinoTycoon42 on 19 Feb 2006, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
lilgamefreek
the extinct

Post by lilgamefreek »

Ebay equals friend. If you can't order for whatever reason, it'll be hard. Don't check places like Best Buy, go for swapmeets, computer fairs. If you live near a Fry's store, they might have it.

Zombies. Hilarious
Sourge

Post by Sourge »

Sorry if took so long to reply, but I looked for the game and found a legal copy. I installed it, but I get the same problem. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I did notice something strange lately, my Catalyst Driver crashes the same way as the game when I try to start the Control Center. But after some of trial and error/crashes, a System Restore after a wrong application was installed 3 weeks ago, my previous drivers uninstalled, VGA temperarely so I could install the newest version. It works again. Yet this didn't solve it...

And i noticed another strange thing, I one time had one dinosaur made, without a crash. But the second dinosaur i tried to make did crash. They do were different types. But when I tried to breed the dinosaur on which it didn't crash later, it crashed again...
Andy-rex
a hunter

Post by Andy-rex »

ya know e-bay,or ebgames sell that game.i happen to have it i love when the raptors attack almost any herbavore /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

all hale t-rex
[color=#0040FF]i'm a jurassic park veteran, you're not[/color]
Sourge

Post by Sourge »

*bump*
lilgamefreek
the extinct

Post by lilgamefreek »

Man, no-offense, but the last post was only a day ago. You have no need to bump it.

As for your problem, I'm not a very technical person, so I have no clue.

Zombies. Hilarious
Sourge

Post by Sourge »

I formatted my pc now. Still no success... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

But I did notice another thing again, I get the same problem in Silent hunderIII when I see a ship through the periscope.. Other games, luckely, not yet. So i guess this is a hadrware problem. I'll have to look somewhere else.. Thanks for the help so far anyway. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Last edited by Sourge on 28 Feb 2006, 09:15, edited 1 time in total.
trex kills spino
the extinct

Post by trex kills spino »

BREED /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> ? do you mean like the hachery or the two dinosaurs have s** and lay eggs.

look out hollywood
Andy-rex
a hunter

Post by Andy-rex »

i thought all the dinos in jpog were girls.since when can you breed them?
[color=#0040FF]i'm a jurassic park veteran, you're not[/color]