No Red Tape?

Got news, ideas, pictures of your park, hacks, or cheats .. discuss them all here....
Hadrosaur river
a hatchling

Post by Hadrosaur river »

Anyone know what the 'No Red Tape' cheat on JP:OG does?
lilgamefreek
the extinct

Post by lilgamefreek »

When a guest gets killed, you don't get fined. I think.

Zombies. Hilarious
Hadrosaur river
a hatchling

lilgamefreek wrote:When a guest gets killed, you don't get fined. I think.
Ah, that's good to know. At first I thought it would mean you could build unlimited buildings, but I don't think it is. It's a real pain when you run out of path...
Tyrannis
db 2nd generation

Post by Tyrannis »

You can change that in the code.
When all is said and done and the world is empty how much does it really matter the amount of money you had or what car you drove?
Hadrosaur river
a hatchling

Really? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Tell me more, I'm intrigued!
lilgamefreek
the extinct

Post by lilgamefreek »

I can't confirm this since I'm to lazy to find the modding sites on my chinese computer and don't have JPOG with me, I think you go into the data folder. In there there is some sort of object folder. maybe prkobjct, or objct, or something like that. You'll know the folder is right if it has files like archo.ini, cory.ini, bench.ini, kiosk.ini, and pretty much ini's for all the buildible objects in JPOG. Basically you go into each file for a building and there should be a line of code near the bottom which says unitsallowed, or something. Basically next to it should be the number of how many of that building is allowed. Delete the entire line, or if you don't feel secure about this, just change the number.

At the same time, I'm not sure if this works for paths, fences, and the such. I think there might be something in the constant.ini that is in the original data folder. This has a whole host of things you can set. max dinosaurs, max guests (i think), jeep path length, balloon path length, and the such. These you CANNOT simply delete, you have to re write the numbers. I'm pretty sure path and fences are not in here, but they might be.

Zombies. Hilarious
Rick
a hunter

Post by Rick »

I'm FINALLY able to get this game working on my new PC and it looks fantastic at maxed out settings. Now to edit the files and have the ultimate Jurassic experience. The best advantage the PS game has over the consoles is the ability to edit the game files to have as many dinos as you want, free buildings etc.

I missed this game.
[b]- Rick [/b]

My Xbox 360 Can Blog? Suwheet...