MFC application problems

Got news, ideas, pictures of your park, hacks, or cheats .. discuss them all here....
zrag123
an egg

Post by zrag123 »

Hey just recently i have been havings some trouble trying to acess settings for JPOG. each time i have clicked on it it comes up with "MFC application has encounted a problem and needs to close" i have reinstalled its heaps of times and tried different cd's and came up with same result please help me /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />
Jon
db 2nd generation
Special Ranking: The All Seeing Eye

Post by Jon »

Make sure DirectX 9 is installed correctly. Also check that you have the C++ runtimes installed. Both can be found on www.microsoft.com
Webmaster of the one and only JPdb
1999 to current, and still going.
zrag123
an egg

Post by zrag123 »

Thanks man ill reply if it works or not. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
zrag123
an egg

Post by zrag123 »

I did install one type of runtime but did not work, would u be able to give me a link to the correct download page?
Jon
db 2nd generation

Post by Jon »

Are you using Windows XP Home or Professional?

After searching around, you'll get an error if your sound-drivers (such as Creative Labs) is not installed right. If you have a Creative Labs Soundblaster Live! or better reinstall the drivers to it, and all the software from the software CD.

I'd also recommend a spyware/malware and virus scan as well.
zrag123
an egg

Post by zrag123 »

Xp home, and i don't have that sound thing. Though i don't think its a vrius because i have herd its happened to other people
zrag123
an egg

Post by zrag123 »

I read the error report and it said operating system and computer hardwar in use;your digital product id which could be use to idenitfy your licsense;and the internet protocol (IP)adress of your computer. anyone know what it means?
Jon
db 2nd generation

Post by Jon »

Alright here is some basic trouble shooting for you:

1. Start up the game
2. When the error pops up (the MFC error) I want you to take a screen shot of your desktop
-- to take a screen shot of your desktop press the "PrntScrn" (Print Screen) key on your keyboard. This creates a snapshop of your desktop (an image) within your Windows Clipboard.
3. Open up mspaint or whatever graphics program you use
4. In mspaint go to edit > paste (or whatever program you use)
5. File > Save as...
6. When saving the file select the following File Type: JPEG (or JPG) from the list.
7. Name the file anything you want.
8. Upload the image someplace on the inetnet or email it to me at: jon@jpdatabase.net

I'd like to read the error because I have a feeling you might have left out something from be start of the error message.
zrag123
an egg

Post by zrag123 »

I have emailed to ya now
Jon
db 2nd generation

Post by Jon »

Under "mod name:" does the thing say "userinterface.dll"? It's too small for me to read, and my eyes aren't that great anymore.