JPOG won't run on new comp

Got news, ideas, pictures of your park, hacks, or cheats .. discuss them all here....
oranges
an egg

Post by oranges »

I recently got a new laptop, and I installed JPOG, but the game will not start. I can get the settings screen to come up, but when I try to play the game all I get is the black text box and then nothing after that. There is no error message, it just simply stops doing things. Is it a vista problem perhaps? I've spent hours trying to figure this out, and this seemed like a good place to ask for help. Here is my computer info:

- Dell XPS M1530
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T8300 2.40GHz
- Memory (RAM): 4 GB
- System Type: 64-bit operating system
- Direct X version 10
- Graphics card: 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I miss being able to play this game. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
JPController
a hunter

Post by JPController »

Try running in all compatibility, I have to run Windows Server 2003 for BF2142. Hope this helps.
JPD VET DJP3 VET InGenNet VET
Site B Owner
oranges
an egg

Post by oranges »

JPController wrote:QUOTE (JPController @ 04.09.2009 12:08) Try running in all compatibility, I have to run Windows Server 2003 for BF2142. Hope this helps.
Good idea, and I tried it out, but it seems that's not the problem. Its strange because everything seems to be working fine and the disc begins to whir (I can hear it). And the empty black text box comes, then goes away, and the disc is still spinning (still normal). But then after like 30 seconds, about when the splash screen should show up, I can hear the disc just stop spinning, like it just gives up. There's never any error message, it just stops starting up and then everything is as if I never even tried to load it. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
JPController
a hunter

Post by JPController »

I've never heard of that happening.
Google to see if anyone else has ran into it?
JPD VET DJP3 VET InGenNet VET
Site B Owner
oranges
an egg

Post by oranges »

I'm not getting anywhere, I seems no one has had this problem before /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
Jon
db 2nd generation
Special Ranking: The All Seeing Eye

Re: JPOG won't run on new comp

Post by Jon »

Oranges, have you solved your issue?
Webmaster of the one and only JPdb
1999 to current, and still going.