beat trespasser?

Heard about the new ideas being put on the table for Tresspasser lately.. discuss them here as well as all the old ideas.
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

SSJDinoTycoon42 wrote:how many here have been able to keep their toxic rifle to the end of level 6 and "bag a T-Rex"?...i tried it, but my hard drive got erased before i could get half way...
Heh, quoting myself from so long ago makes me notice how my posting style has changed over those months.

So, has anyone ever managed to keep their Toxic Rifle to the end of Level 6 with all three darts? If you did, did you indeed "bag a T-Rex" as the strategy guide suggests that you may be able to do?

(P.S. I once used the codes to get through the game, and three darts really are enough to kill the Rex, but has anyone ever doen it legitimately? without cheating?)
trex kills spino
the extinct

Post by trex kills spino »

I finshed it.

look out hollywood
god_that_failed
a wonderer

Post by god_that_failed »

LIAR!!!!!
trex kills spino
the extinct

TRUTH TELLING PERSON
Last edited by trex kills spino on 24 Mar 2006, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.

look out hollywood
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Stay on topic.
trex kills spino
the extinct

ok.

look out hollywood
Trespasser
an egg

Post by Trespasser »

Beat once that was rough each velociraptor tribe decide kill me instead each other...2nd one almost kill t-rex with toxic gun.
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

SSJDinoTycoon42 wrote:
SSJDinoTycoon42 wrote: how many here have been able to keep their toxic rifle to the end of level 6 and "bag a T-Rex"?...i tried it, but my hard drive got erased before i could get half way...
Heh, quoting myself from so long ago makes me notice how my posting style has changed over those months.

So, has anyone ever managed to keep their Toxic Rifle to the end of Level 6 with all three darts? If you did, did you indeed "bag a T-Rex" as the strategy guide suggests that you may be able to do?

(P.S. I once used the codes to get through the game, and three darts really are enough to kill the Rex, but has anyone ever doen it legitimately? without cheating?)

Just an update on this:

I just did it. I kept the Toxic Rifle stowed on my back throughout the entire 6th level, and killed the Rex at the end. I even killed the second Albertosaurus with one of those black rifles(it took 16 shots).

This is with no cheats, and without a guide.
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Yeah. After all these years I finally sat down and played the game all the way through without cheats and without a strategy guide. To be honest it was more fun this way. Although I have to say it seems that the only really challenging level was level 8. The rest of the game seemed a lot easier than I remembered.

I mean, I had raptors hopping off the sides of the mountain and landing right in front of me. Then I got ambushed by three raptors after I ran out of ammo.

By far the most challenging was the two raptors with their "big sister" at the end. I was walking around the place, trying to find where they were, and it was just dead silent deserted. So then I walk by the exit spot and all of a sudden they appear out of nowhere behind the buildings that I already checked. I had already forgotten where they come from so I was caught completely off guard, and ill-equipped to fight.

After several tries, I finally set myself up with all the weapons right next to the stack of boxes and then triggered their appearance. First raptor to the left: dead by an SB5. Lucky for me, the Alpha raptor decided to stand off to the side and watch. Second raptor, dead by shotgun. Then the Alpha raptor came after me. I emptied the SB5 on her: nothing. We started circling each other as she attacked me. I emptied the shotgun at her: she started limping. Then I noticed that she was just standing there. So I picked up the black rifle and fired a shot at her head. She fell to the ground dead.

WHOO.. good game..
Last edited by SSJDinoTycoon42 on 10 Jul 2006, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
KoalKracker
an egg

Post by KoalKracker »

Might sound odd, but my favorite method of beating the game is not using any
weapons at all. Very difficult to do, especially in the Jungle and Ascent levels,
but it's rather fun (and sorta scary!) doing so.