"Birds" at end of JP1

Was it the original DNA manipulated Jurassic Park, the return of inGen in The Lost-World, or just the worth-wild running around frantically Jurassic Park III that captured your imagination.
ERASER
a hunter

Re:"Birds" at end of JP1

Post by ERASER »

[quote author=interdev159 link=board=3;threadid=2194;start=0#msg32558 date=1058655862]<br />All, at the end of Jurassic Park, when the people are flying away from the island, Malcom looks out the window of the helicopter and sees some type of bird. Is it a pterodactyl or some other kind of bird? This is to settle a bet, by the way. <br /><br />I've seen the picture here: http://www.jpdatabase.net/jurassic/jpg/jpi_101.JPG, but I can't tell if they are pelicans or are supposed to be pterodactyls.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Mike<br /><hr></blockquote><br />So... how much did you lose? ;D
Don't get humped by the banana
Sara
a hunter

Post by Sara »

[quote author=Rick link=board=3;threadid=2194;start=0#msg32653 date=1058729703]<br />Well, it may not be a common pelican, but its the closest you can get without asking the film's makers themselves, and I doubt even they could tell you exactly what they were. The gullets are the biggest hint.<br /><hr></blockquote><br /><br />Regardless if they where pelicans or oversized parrots.

[b]You gon' get RAPED. [/b]
Nagisa
a wonderer

Post by Nagisa »

Indeed, even IF they weren't pelicans (and that's a HUGE "if,&quot, the feathers are surely enough of a hint that they weren't Pterosaurs. Small theropod dinosaurs had feathers; Pterosaurs had thin coats of fur, and only on their bodies (the wings were still simply skin membranes).
Anime-Haven

"Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them to pieces like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the [b]Lord[/b] with [i]fear[/i], and [i]rejoice[/i] with [i]trembling[/i]. Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and ye perish from the man, when His wrath is kindled but a little. Arise, O Lord; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in Thy sight. I shall purify all with a single blow. Mine enemies stand before mine eyes. Who shall mourn for Division XIII? Who shall mourn for the [i]Vatican[/i]?"
[i]--Father Alexander Anderson, [b]Hellsing[/b][/i]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I didn't loose any money on it, thankfully. Thanks for the responses!
brettwalker

Post by brettwalker »

Pelicans are an australian bird. Wait until you see one in real life... weird! Although i don't know why an aussie bird is in costa rica....
Shark Death
the extinct

Post by Shark Death »

[quote author=interdev159 link=board=3;threadid=2194;start=0#msg32558 date=1058655862]<br />All, at the end of Jurassic Park, when the people are flying away from the island, Malcom looks out the window of the helicopter and sees some type of bird. Is it a pterodactyl or some other kind of bird? This is to settle a bet, by the way. <br /><br />I've seen the picture here: http://www.jpdatabase.net/jurassic/jpg/jpi_101.JPG, but I can't tell if they are pelicans or are supposed to be pterodactyls.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Mike<br /><hr></blockquote><br /><br /><br />BWAHAHHAHA! Best. Question. EVER!
Luke Skywalker
a hunter

Post by Luke Skywalker »

[quote author=JP is the greatest! link=board=3;threadid=2194;start=0#msg33975 date=1059384277]<br />Pelicans are an australian bird. Wait until you see one in real life... weird! Although i don't know why an aussie bird is in costa rica....<br /><hr></blockquote><br /><br />Pelicans live throughout the world
Raptor86
an egg

Post by Raptor86 »

yeah, in the 1993 a friend of mine said that they were pteranodons! stupid person..... ;D

Eric
a hatchling

Post by Eric »

Yup pelicans or some type of bird. Just there for a peaceful ending with peaceful music for a not so peaceful movie.
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/film/erickane/car_window_rex.jpg"%20border="0[/img]
Roque

Post by Roque »

Last edited by Roque on 04 Jan 2006, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.