The Quotable Jurassic Park

Was it the original DNA manipulated Jurassic Park, the return of inGen in The Lost-World, or just the worth-wild running around frantically Jurassic Park III that captured your imagination.
sPitter of the Rats
a hunter

Post by sPitter of the Rats »

So how's this for a topic? Put up lines from the JP films or books and the places and times you'd use them. Just as you would for say "Hasta la vista, baby" or "Houston, we have a problem."

"Life finds a way."
-To be used when someone/thing survives a hopeless situation.

"How many (Sarahs) do you think are on this (island)?"
-To be used when you and another are calling out for a friend and the other person follows their first name with the last. Sarah and Island are interchangeable.

"Reverse Darwinism; Survival of the most idiotic."
-To be used when watching Wildboyz or Jackass.

Scudworth: I first got the idea for Cloney Island after seeing the movie Jurassic Park 3! But my ill-concieved amusement park will be filled with human clones instead of zoo animals! It's as fool-proof as the amusement park in the movie it's self!
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

This sounds fun XD

"That's a very bad idea!"
-To be used on the inevitable day that a film studio greenlights production of a big-screen adaptation of Eldest by Christopher Paolini.
sPitter of the Rats
a hunter

That's the sPirit!

"Ooh! Ah! That's how it all starts but then later there's running and...screaming."
-To be used when people are transfixated on something impressive. Bonus points if it has the potential to turn deadly.

"sPared no expense!"
-To be used when describing a pricey new acquisition. Or, sarcastically, something cheap and bootlegged.

"Thanks dad."
-To be used when somebody (preferably who is NOT your father) tells you how to do your job or gives you corny advice.

"Clever girl."
-To be used when describing the actions of an intelligent female.

"When you gotta go you gotta go."
-To be used when somebody is in desPerate need of a bathroom.

Scudworth: I first got the idea for Cloney Island after seeing the movie Jurassic Park 3! But my ill-concieved amusement park will be filled with human clones instead of zoo animals! It's as fool-proof as the amusement park in the movie it's self!
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

"HEY!!!!STOPP!!!!!!"
-To be used when a large plane (or any sizable motor vehicle) is speeding in your direction.

"How can we have possibly the slightest idea what to expect?"
-To be used when Hillary Clinton starts gaining more approval *shiver*

"This strap...saved my life!"
-To be used to describe one's survival of an S&M death ritual.
sPitter of the Rats
a hunter

"Don't, Billy!"
-To be used when somebody named Billy does something you do not approve of.

"[Taking dinosaurs off this island] is the worst idea in the long sad history of bad ideas and I'm gonna be there when you find that out."
- To be used when somebody follows through on a very bad idea. "Taking dinosaurs off this island" is interchangeable.

"It's not your fault that talent skips a generation but hey I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacs."
-To be used as a put down.

"Now you're John Hammond."
-To be used when somebody's dream comes crashing down dangerously.

"I believe I've sPent enough time in the company of death."
-To be used after surviving a situation or a lifetime where many have died.

"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions."
-To be used when a well meaning person causes a disaster.

"Through our church."
-To be used when asked how you know somebody.

"If we sPlit up, I'm going with you guys."
-To be used when tensions flare in a group and you would rather be with people in it who are not involved in the drama.

"Remind me to thank [John] for a lovely weekend."
-To be used when weekend plans go sour. "John" is interchangeable.

Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

"My God I've forgotten."
-What I said when I recently rewatched some old Ed, Edd, and Eddy episodes regarding how awesome they were /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

"I'm gonna run you over when I come back down."
-To be used in any instance where one's object of annoyance is at the bottom of a small cliff and the only way that one can deal with it is if he/she retrieves his/her motor vehicle from above and make forceful contact with the annoying object/person/animalupon his/her return.

"He did it...the crazy sonofabitch did it..."
-To be used in an instance where a crazy sonofabitch actually has the audacity to do something that you sorely didn't want him to do.

"DR. MALCOLM! I WANT THAT INFANT!"
-To be used when you want to steal an innocent but ferocious baby. "Dr. Malcolm" is interchangeable.
Last edited by Rex-Jay on 11 Apr 2007, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
sPitter of the Rats
a hunter

LOL I can't wait to use that last one. If I ever write a TV series, I'm gonna put a JP line in every episode.

sPitter of the Rats
a hunter

"Must go faster."
-To be used when acceleration is preferred.

"Dinosaurs eat Man. Woman inherits the Earth."
-To be used when somebody finishes making a series of short cause and effect statements.

"That is one big pile of sh*t."
-To be used in the vicinity of a large, repulsive mass or alternatively, when somebody finishes lying.

"You will remember to wash your hands before you eat anything."
-To be used when somebody is filthy.

Some comebacks.

"You got a problem?"
>"I found you, didn't I?"

"Anything else?"
>"Yeah, 3 double cheeseburgers with everything."

"I'll be back in 5 or 6 days."
>"No, you'll be back in 5 or 6 pieces."

Wow, Malcolm seems like the most quotable one, doesn't he?

sPitter of the Rats
a hunter

"Turn the light off!"
-To be used when darkness is desired.

"We were saving that!"
>"For today."

"Don't get cheap on me [Dodgson]; That was [Hammond]'s mistake."
-To be used when seeking employ from another offering a more generous salary. Dodgson & Hammond are interchangeable.

sPitter of the Rats
a hunter

"Call of the wild one."
-To be used when a child cries for attention.

"Do you remember the sounds they made?"
-To be used on sleepless nights next to neighbors with thin walls.

"They were smart. They were smarter than dolphins or whales...they were smarter than primates."
-To be used when recalling a smart group of people or animals.

"You're still the best. I mean that."
-To be used when encouraging a talented individual in a funk.

"It's gonna be a walk in the park."
-To be used when alluding to an easy, upcoming venture.

"You like computers, right?"
>"I like the abacus, [Billy]."

"First of all, I'm a great admirer of yours and I have a proposition I'd like to discuss with you."
-A surefire pickup line.

"Icepick, Catfish."
-???

"Will you tell your wife to stop making that noise? That is a very, very bad idea!"
-When someone's wife won't shut up.

"What's a bad idea!?"
-To be used while still performing what is obviously a bad idea.

"[Cooper]'s a professional, he can handle himself."
-To be used when leaving behind someone in a situation they are capable of surviving.

"Get out the way! You KNOW I can't stop this plane!"
-To be used when somebody is in your flightpath.

"It's okay, it's dead."
-When coming upon something dead and scary.

"It's time you did some explaining, Mr. [Kirby]."
-When it's time for someone to explain.

"Yes but I did not tell you to kidnap anyone."
-When somebody brings someone to you against that person's will and they question why you're perturbed.