Blu-Ray/HD-DVD

Was it the original DNA manipulated Jurassic Park, the return of inGen in The Lost-World, or just the worth-wild running around frantically Jurassic Park III that captured your imagination.
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

So has anyone heard or read anything along the lines of the Jurassic Park movies being released on High Definition format?

Thinking about it more, would Jurassic Park look good in HD, or would it reveal flaws in the FX that wouldn't be noticed in SD?
Jon
db 2nd generation
Special Ranking: The All Seeing Eye

Post by Jon »

Well, if you saw it in the theaters... that's 4x's a bigger resolution than 1080p. Who knows. I think it will look fine. I hope it comes out soon.
Webmaster of the one and only JPdb
1999 to current, and still going.
Mr. DNA
a hunter

Post by Mr. DNA »

That would be cool. Too bad I don't have an HDDVD or Bluray player. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

Well, I haven't been able to spot anything official, and I guess it should look alright. It's just that, special effects tend to lose their luster when on a smaller screen. No matter what the quality.

Guess the question then is, what format? It seems that Universal is currently behind HD-DVD. That would be a problem for me, since my PS3 (which I blew half my wallet on) is and will be my HD player for a while.
Last edited by SSJDinoTycoon42 on 29 Dec 2007, 01:52, edited 1 time in total.
Jon
db 2nd generation
Special Ranking: The All Seeing Eye

Post by Jon »

I hear Universal is starting to back Bluray more than HDDVD. *holds up firsts on anger*
Webmaster of the one and only JPdb
1999 to current, and still going.