Stan Winston Dies

Was it the original DNA manipulated Jurassic Park, the return of inGen in The Lost-World, or just the worth-wild running around frantically Jurassic Park III that captured your imagination.
tyrant_lizard_king
a hatchling

Post by tyrant_lizard_king »

I wasn't sure where to put this, but this seemed a better spot than any.

I can't believe it and just mere days after the 15th anniversary of Jurassic Park too. This is some seriously screwed up sh*t. I didn't even know he had cancer. This is the first time in years I've been truly saddened by the death of someone in Hollywood. Stan has been an idol of mine ever since Jurassic Park. There aren't very many people that I actually look up too, but he was one of them. I just hope the company can continue to carry on his legacy. There are very few people who have shaped the way special effects are made & viewed by the public in the capacity that Stan did. From the dinosaurs of Jurassic Park, the Queen of Aliens, to the demons of DOOM, Stan's creatures have been some of the most memorable and terrifying in movie history. Sad to see him go, Stan was the master. The FX world will never be the same.
Last edited by tyrant_lizard_king on 16 Jun 2008, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
JPController
a hunter

Post by JPController »

Yeah join the club. A great man. His work on Terminator, Predator, loosing him is like loosing Kevin Peter Hall. Great people, They will be missed.
JPD VET DJP3 VET InGenNet VET
Site B Owner
Dinonut
an egg

Post by Dinonut »

I was also saddened by Stan Winston's death.