My First JPDBF post.

Was it the original DNA manipulated Jurassic Park, the return of inGen in The Lost-World, or just the worth-wild running around frantically Jurassic Park III that captured your imagination.
Zachary1234
an egg

My First JPDBF post.

Post by Zachary1234 »

Firstly, I like movies 1 and 3. I think that movie 2 lost it's way a bit when the tyrannosaurus
escaped on the mainland. (Too predictable, and they just lure it back into the hold of the boat with
the infant rex). Once this part of 2 starts, it's entirely predictable. A simultaneous side thread
which is more unexpected would be good. (In the lost world, how exactly did the boat crew all get
savaged? Was it velociraptors? If so, why did these raptors not try to escape to the mainland, and get
off the boat before it left too far?

My explanation for the velociraptor differences across all three movies are as follows:
-That all the velociraptors in 1 and 2 appear the same, since they are all females
or females that function as males (but havn't undergone further physical changes).

-That the red eyed velociraptors in 3 are males, the yellow eyed ones are females,
that the velociraptors in 3 are NOT further mutations, but are in fact closest to the original
prehistoric velociraptors 65 million years ago. I figure the movie 1 and 2 raptors had clone mistakes, and that
by the time movie 3 starts, the velociraptors there are the result of hatchings (germline DNA)
and not cloning (recombinant DNA).

That the velociraptors in all 3 movies are based on Deinonychus Antirrhopus, and that in real life Deinonychus had no more feathers that the pennacious ones shown in the movie. I do not subscribe to the cladistic bracketing theory which says, that in the real world, all dromeosaurs including Deinonychus had feathers. I know that velociraptor has been found with quill stubs on the ulna. However, there is NO DIRECT EVIDENCE for deinonychus itself in the fossil record. (it is also the case that the clade deinonychus presently is allocated to has been moved around also).

-Why is there a Pteranodon landing on a tree at the end of the 2nd movie, when they only apparently escape in the 3rd movie?

-In the 1st movie, the velociraptor pen is apprently depowered seperately from Dennis Nedry's main park fence
hack. The novel states that this later happens when Arnold takes the risk of shutting down the whole system
for a fresh restart. Does the 1st movie state this?

At the end of the 1st movie, before the beginning of the 2nd, it is stated that the first island, Isla Nublar,
has the facility and dinosaurs all destroyed. How does this happen? Do people go in with synthetic explosives,
flamethrowers,napalm and handheld weapons? Or is the island bombed with napalm, or a "tactical" atomic weapon?

At the end of the 1st movie, what happened to Diloophosaurus? Why didn't it appear again creating havoc in 2 or 3, or a similar dinosaur that was as off the beaten track as the movie Dilophosaurus was?