Alan and Ellie

Somewhere on a remote island there lie no fences, no power, and no plot. Explore the amazing world of the Universal Studios potential known as Jurassic Park IV. (Spoilers Allowed!)
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

Personally, I think one of the worst moves made in JP3 was splitting Alan and Ellie up.

In Jurassic Park, we see them pretty much together. The only problem is that Ellie wants children and Alan can't stand them. By the end of the movie, we can see that Grant has gotten past that. The scene at the end is very symbolic in that respect as it has Grant with the kids asleep on him, and the way he looks at Ellie confirms his changed attitude. The movie ended and we could safely assume that they would go on together.

Then we get to JP3. Ellie is married to another guy, has two kids, and Grant has become the family friend who drops by once in a while(or frequently, but we have no way of knowing that).

Now, yes, it's not really confirmed in JP that they're really together, but the signs are very strong.

Yeah, it would be kind of complicated to change it now, since Ellie's got 2 kids, but it could be done.

What do you think?
T-rex23
the extinct

Post by T-rex23 »

Well, myself, I think the plot should go a few years to where Ellie and her husband split up, or she could be having a fling with Grant, you know, give it a good little dramatic twist to take some of the boredom out of it, how's my idea sound?
Hush! They may be near!
pack raptor
a wonderer

Post by pack raptor »

I really think that Alan and Ellie shouldn't rekindle their relationship. It seems that just about every movie tries to force some lame romantic subplot into the story these days, and I definitely don't want to see that happen in JPIV. Also, the less returning characters, the better.
- Josh

"If I was president I'd get elected on Friday, assassinated on Saturday, and buried on Sunday." - Wyclef Jean
B.JB
a hatchling

Post by B.JB »

I too was dissapointed with JP3's outcome, especially after the ending to JP1. I would like to see them together again definetly, however, the fact she has 2 kids ends any chance of a reunion.
JURASSIC PARK - The Turner Productions Fan Movie
Click for more on Turner Productions
Rick
a hunter

Post by Rick »

No. She has a kid and a husband. Let her live her happy family life.

Of course, if they do try and get back together, the sure-fire remedy for that is to stick them on another dino-infested island. That always makes people fix family issues and relationship problems. Dr. Phil aint got nothing on Ingen and Jurassic Park.
[b]- Rick [/b]

My Xbox 360 Can Blog? Suwheet...
T-rex23
the extinct

Post by T-rex23 »

You said it, ain't nothing like the threat of death to help patch things up.....
Hush! They may be near!
Alba

Post by Alba »

Well yes ofcourse
lilgamefreek
the extinct

Post by lilgamefreek »

Honestly, I really wouldn't. I liked how in the book there really was no love relationship and everything was solely professional. Though it was expected for Hollywood to put the two together, I was in fact glad JP3 split them apart. It shows that this is real life. A real life with dinosaur infested islands.

Zombies. Hilarious
beeurd
db 2nd generation

Post by beeurd »

lilgamefreek wrote:It shows that this is real life. A real life with dinosaur infested islands.
/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
Founder of the JPdb Bar & Grill
GalacticBasic.net Star Wars Forums
KL89
a hatchling

Post by KL89 »

I think it's a part of the Jurassic Park series that Alan and Ellie never gets togehter although they deep inside their hearts wants to.

Oh man, that sounded sentimental.
[b]Ah ah ah, you didn't say the magic word...[/b]