Dern Confirms Progress?

Somewhere on a remote island there lie no fences, no power, and no plot. Explore the amazing world of the Universal Studios potential known as Jurassic Park IV. (Spoilers Allowed!)
jpIV
a hatchling

Post by jpIV »

From spielbergfilms.com, two articles:

"April 6, 2007
Dern now in know on 'Jurassic Park IV'
Just as recently as this past January, "Jurassic Park" star Laura Dern had not heard whit nor word about whether or not Ellie Satler would return for the fourth film in the series.

It looks like the wheels may be slowly grinding forward, however, as Dern revealed today that she has heard from Steven Spielberg personally about the status of the sequel.

Movie site Collider shares word from a press conference for Dern's new film "Year of the Dog," in which she spilled the following positive news:

"I’m told its happening and I’m told they’re calling me. I’m told that Ellie Sattler is involved in it."

When asked if she'd be interested in reprising her role for a third time, Dern made no bones that Spielberg's call was an offer she couldn't refuse.

"Well a certain fellow is the one that called me and it’s hard to say no to him cause he’s always got something totally genius up his sleeve so we’ll see what they have in mind. But I don’t know anything about it at this point."

Dern also mentions that Universal and Amblin may be shooting for a 2008 release, although this does conflict with last word from producer Frank Marshall that the fourth "Jurassic Park" film wouldn't be put on the front burner until Steven Spielberg was finished with "Indiana Jones 4."

No matter the date, it's great to hear that things are starting to move ahead again on "Jurassic Park IV.""

And then:

"April 6, 2007
Joe Johnston won't return to 'Jurassic Park'?
Another bit of "Jurassic Park IV" news today (following Laura Dern's talk about her character's return in the next film): While covering Dern's comments, MTV Movies dug deeper with a line of questioning about who would be directing the next picture.

Dern, perhaps tongue firmly planted in cheek, suggested longtime collaborator and friend David Lynch ("Blue Velvet"), but Steven Spielberg has maintained that the new film is "Jurassic Park III" director Joe Johnston's for the taking.

"Joe Johnston is standing by," Steven Spielberg told SpielbergFilms.com back last July. "First dibs on it, and Joe is my go-to ‘Jurassic’ guy now."

MTV Movies is claiming contradictory information, however, with word that "representatives for the director were adamant that Johnston is "definitely not directing ['Jurassic Park IV']."

Did Johnston turn the franchise down in the interim while waiting for the production to launch, despite Spielberg's absolute support of his work on the series? Stick with us as we hope to confirm or deny MTV Movies' information."
jpIV / Everett
[url=http://www.kampkoala.com/]kampkoala.com[/url]
[url=http://www.kampkoala.com/][/url]
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

That's kinda stirring I guess....

BTW jpIV, you remind me of Micah Tannenbaum from MuggleCast!
lilgamefreek
the extinct

Post by lilgamefreek »

Who? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Well this is certainly good news, I guess. Some progress has been made, though it can all go backards in a snap at this point.

Zombies. Hilarious
jpIV
a hatchling

Post by jpIV »

Micah Tannenbaum?
jpIV / Everett
[url=http://www.kampkoala.com/]kampkoala.com[/url]
[url=http://www.kampkoala.com/][/url]
sPitter of the Rats
a hunter

Post by sPitter of the Rats »

I don't know if I'm happy or not about JJ's lack of involvement cuz I'm still deciding if JP3 let me down due to poor directing or a rushed production schedule...

Scudworth: I first got the idea for Cloney Island after seeing the movie Jurassic Park 3! But my ill-concieved amusement park will be filled with human clones instead of zoo animals! It's as fool-proof as the amusement park in the movie it's self!
lilgamefreek
the extinct

Post by lilgamefreek »

Or a bad script. Can't forget that.

Zombies. Hilarious
sPitter of the Rats
a hunter

Post by sPitter of the Rats »

What? But it gave us so many gems like "You KNOW I can't stop this plane!" and "No, this is how you play God."

Scudworth: I first got the idea for Cloney Island after seeing the movie Jurassic Park 3! But my ill-concieved amusement park will be filled with human clones instead of zoo animals! It's as fool-proof as the amusement park in the movie it's self!