My idea for JP4...

Somewhere on a remote island there lie no fences, no power, and no plot. Explore the amazing world of the Universal Studios potential known as Jurassic Park IV. (Spoilers Allowed!)
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

I was thinking this through the other day and I realized that the best way to make another JP movie now is just to start all over again i.e. do a remake or a re-imagining. And I have this idea for a story that is sort of derived from the first movie but also works in the DX plotline from the second novel. Basically its similar to the first movie but with a few key differences...

- Nedry lives longer and serves as the human antagonist of the film
- ALL of the dinosaurs have DX. But it doesn't affect them because its they are adapted to it, but humans are not. The park staff is vaccinated but Alan, Ellie, Ian, etc. are not. There are meds that can cure it on the island but the trouble is in getting to them with all the dinos in the way.
- There is more of a plot to movie than 'get off the island alive'. There is a Pteranodon roaming the island that is DX-infected like all the other dinos. Part of the movie's storyline is finding this Pteranodon and keeping it from getting off the island and infecting the mainland with DX and possibly starting an epidemic.

I know it's vague but what do you guys think about it?
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

I was thinking for the carnivores that there could a Rex, a pack of Raptors, and handful of Dilophosaurs; I don't think any of the carnivores from JP3 or JP:OG should feature as it would just needlessly pad out the film (a la Peter Jackson's King Kong). Besides, the Rex, Raptors, and Dilo trio can work well if they do interesting, never-before-seen things.

EDIT:

Although I wouldn't mind an Allosaurus being in the movie if it looked like this
Last edited by Rex-Jay on 26 May 2008, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.
frog_dna
an egg

Re: My idea for JP4...

Post by frog_dna »

Blasphemy that classic movies should be remade. I hate remakes, and Jurassic Park is one of my favorite films of all time, but I must say Spielberg sucks. He is over rated and tends to disobey reason for special effects. I always liked Jurassic Park, but there are some things I cannot stand about the movie:

Beginning sequence with the raptor attack: Since when do you make an actual human being lift up a gate to a paddock? With all that high tech gear? Why not raise the gate electronically... The beginning of the book created mystery. Spielberg screwed it up real bad by not using the book scenario.

The T-Rex attack: Ever since I was little I couldn't stand this. The T-Rex comes out, and the pavement barrier appears and dissapears. Then the rex pushes them over a cliff. Why not do it like in the book where the t-rex throws it into the tree?

Muldoon dies. WTF.

Tim and lex can push a door closed on a raptor, but two adults cant? and why don't one of the kids just hand them the gun? Why doesn't the raptor just come through the glass? The whole segment was idiotic scripting. Cut it out and use the book.

In any case, it only takes me a few hours to read Jurassic Park. I think if they re-made it one day, they could fallow even more closely to the book than say LOTR or even Harry Potter. You could get a two hour movie and probably use 90% of the novel, if not more. I'd love to see it remade fallowing the book.