Cryptids

Welcome to the office of SSJDinoTycoon42. The roleplay creator of the year!!!
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

This a roleplay that takes place on an island in the South Pacific called Sussurado. Many of the world's cryptids live here in its diverse varieties of terrain.

LIST OF PLAYABLE CRYPTIDS, though it is still open to change (ideas, anyone?)

-Nessy
-Sasquatch
-Illy
-Chupacabra
-Kasai Rex
-Mokele-Mbembe
-Kungamoto
-Nani Bear
-Emela-Ntouka
-Megalania
-Megalodon
-Thylacine
-Ogopogo

Look them up for yourself if you don't know what they are. Put down appearance and distinguishing features (horns, spots, etc.) as FEATURES: (features here). Here is my profile as an example:

CREATURE: Kasai Rex
HEIGHT: 21 ft
LENGTH: 50 ft
WEIGHT: 7 tons
FEATURES: A deep crimson hue, from the powerful jaws down to the heavily-muscled legs, all the way back to the tail. I boast jet black stripes akin to a tiger and piercing, yellow eyes. Through tyrannosaur evolution, my arms have shrunk to almost nothing. My neck muscles are the strongest of any living land predator ever.They allow me to rip my prey to shreds. Bow to me.

START NOW

The remains of a once-ferocious Nani Bear are dangling limply from my jaws. I walk to the gaping mouth of my cave, as if it were some titan about to swallow me whole. The forest I am leaving is teeming with life of every kind. In the distance, there are herds of creatures going through their motions, with scenes of exciting chases and peaceful resting grounds. But now I am entering my world.
The internal walls of the cave rang with my presence. I progress towards the interior, then set down my kill. I roar with pride, as I have done countless times before, and begin to gorge myself...
Last edited by Rex-Jay on 18 Feb 2006, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
Raptor
a hatchling

Post by Raptor »

OOC: This sounds interesting....here I go:

CREATURE: Kasai Rex...gotta love dinosaurs.
HEIGHT: 22 ft
LENGTH: 50 ft
WEIGHT: 7 tons
FEATURES: Green and brown, with arms the same length as most of my speices. Otherwise similer to others of my speices.

IC: The Mokele-Mbembe bellows and scrambles to flee my jaws. I snap down on the herbivore's neck, crushing it to nothingness. I drop my deacesed prey to the ground and rip into it's side. It slides towards the nearby water and a school of Ogopogo swim towards it and begin to plunge thier necks into my kill. I snarl at them and the swim away, terrified. The moan of a Sasquatch is heard.

OOC: There's also the Mbielu mbielu mbielu.
Last edited by Raptor on 19 Feb 2006, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Jurassic Park!
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

OOC: Added species:

-Mbielu mbielu mbielu
-Phororhacos

ICC: I am trekking through the forests of the island, it has gently rolling elevation and clearings of various sizes. The air is very humid and Sasquatch footprints line the ground in single file.
I decide to follow a fiercely rushing river to my destination. I have never eaten Sasquatch before, and intend to do so. In the distance, I see a cluster of the mounds inside of which they dwell. The trip is relatively uneventful until I am greeted by a glancing blow to the leg from the horns of an Emela-Ntouka.
The creature gave me a minor cut, but now I am ready to battle. The horned beast would probably make a better meal than one of those ape-men. I bellow. My opponent replies by doing the same. The air in the clearing was thick with the battle that had been fought since millions of years before, an old grudge that was never forgotten.
He pounds the ground like an enraged bull and displays his wicked-looking facial hardware. He must bluffing. Perhaps he is elderly and the horns are brittle, I thought. No, he charges towards me and I sway to one side rather clumsily. Perhaps that is my weakness, that actually made sense. A giant brute like me isn't going to be the fasting thing in the world. Still charging, the Emela-Ntouka almost collided with a great tree.
I roar again and run towards my target in powerful strides, feet leaving deep prints into the ground. I catch his tail in my jaws and crunch down with all my might. The Emela-Ntouka yelps in pain. It falls over in agony and is moaning in shock as my maw closes down onto its neck. Blood pleasantly flows down my throat as I celebrate my accomplishment.
Only when I'm fully nourished do I realize that a herd of Emela-Ntouka is staring at me icily in the safety of the forest. Turns out, I just killed one of their lead males. They're not stupid, I thought, they must know that if I'm strong enough to do that, I can easily dispose of a few more. But the next taker would prove to be far more difficult to take down than the fodder I just slaughtered.
The alpha male ambled to the center of the clearing. A creature of bestial wisdom rivaling my own glared at me. He is bulkier and more intimidating than the others, his frill is ornate with a pattern of reds and oranges. He snorts and brings his head up high. He charges.
I am lucky, because my head fit just right between his massive horns. We are caught in a tug-of-war. What strength this creature must have! Even with my powerful neck, I am struggling to keep my foothold.
I decide that this is a futile effort. Even if I can defeat the alpha male, I still have the entire herd against me. I would most certainly die if I tried to fight them all, even with my prowess and strength. With a grueling effort, I shrug him off. Then, I bit down on his eye and rip it and the area around clean off. I raise a great leg and kick him away.
With a roar that spread out in all directions, I depart.
Raptor
a hatchling

Post by Raptor »

A long, serpentine neck surfaces from the water. The creature, a Lock Ness Monster, clasps an Ogopogo in it's jaws. It swallows it, then howls. I snarl at the Pleisasaur, and it screeches in definence. I roar a horrible roar, and it lets out an ear peirceing shierk. A bellow is heard, and a herd of Mokele-Mbembe is seen stampeding through the area. I grasp the neck of my kill and drag it away from thier thundering feet. The Nessy makes an attempt to escape, but the Mokele plunge into the deep water and land on top of it. It screams as more of the herbivores fall on top of it, dragging it into the darkness of the water.

OOC: There's a place in the Amazon were it's almost as deep as some of the deep-sea trenches. That's how deep this particular part of the swamp is. However, I'm standing in the shallows. There's a big drop off were the Nessy was.
Andy-rex
a hunter

Post by Andy-rex »

i dont get it

all hail t-rex happy now Rex-Jay do you think that i dont know how to spell or somthing /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> im 16 i like to spell stuff the way I like to
Last edited by Andy-rex on 23 Feb 2006, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#0040FF]i'm a jurassic park veteran, you're not[/color]
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

OOC: Andy-Rex: Unless you intended to spell the proper noun, 'hale' should be spelled 'hail'.
Raptor
a hatchling

Post by Raptor »

I rip back into my kill, feeling the blood run down my throat.
T.Rex
a hatchling

Post by T.Rex »

As Raptor said...Gotta love those Dinosaurs. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
OOC:
Creature: Kasai Rex
Height:23Ft
Length:50Ft
Weight:7 Tons
Features:Due to a mutation my arms are around half a foot longer than the rest of my species; this however does give me a slight advantage in battle. I have a very dark red colouration with dark green stripes.

IC: I walk peacefully through the forest... and it is my lucky day!, I have found the discarded carcass of a Emela-Ntouka in my path. I bend down to feast upon it, but in the distance I hear the soft hooting cries of several Chupacabra's. After experience I have found that the ones with their frills up can spit poison at you... It can blind you and it hurts( /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ).
After I hear the soft hooting sound I roar defiantly towards the source... I am answered with a stinging sensation in my cheek and a pain in the corner of my eye, I roar in pain and walk off... I could take 1 or 2 of them but i heard more in the distance.
"In Space no one can hear you scream"
"If it bleeds, we can kill it"
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

OOC: Things will get mighty boring mighty fast if the Sussurado population is just a bunch of Rexes, tyrant lizards have their flaws too (speed, at least when compared to many other cryptids). From now on, no more Rexes.
@Andy-Rex, I didn't mean to be pushy. I was simply pointing out correct English spelling. You had no obligation to adhere to them, nor did I try to force you to.
@T.Rex, Chupacabras spit poison? I'll have to look into that...
T.Rex
a hatchling

Post by T.Rex »

Rex-Jay wrote:OOC: Things will get mighty boring mighty fast if the Sussurado population is just a bunch of Rexes, tyrant lizards have their flaws too (speed, at least when compared to many other cryptids). From now on, no more Rexes.
@Andy-Rex, I didn't mean to be pushy. I was simply pointing out correct English spelling. You had no obligation to adhere to them, nor did I try to force you to.
@T.Rex, Chupacabras spit poison? I'll have to look into that...
No... It was just a joke, I don't know if they really do but I said:
in the distance I hear the soft hooting cries of several Chupacabra's. After experience I have found that the ones with their frills up can spit poison at you... It can blind you and it hurts
Remind you of anything from JP? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />
"In Space no one can hear you scream"
"If it bleeds, we can kill it"