Dinosaur Test Park Suggestions

Advertise anything, everything, from sites to candy...
Its your store.
DinoCreator
an egg

Post by DinoCreator »

As some of you know by now, I'm planning on acquiring a very small piece of land (few acres maybe) to experiment with animatronics for my 1/1 scale dinosaur models. I'm currently sculpting busts and maquettes right now, and some of these will be used to some degree in helping create the larger foam-rubber animatonic puppets for outdoor use.

The idea behind the test park is to find out just how much realism and mobility can be obtained from an animatronic model of this size in an outdoor anvironment. It is also a chance for me to make JP dinosaurs for my own enjoyment, as it's unlikely I will be able to use these designs in a business park or public attraction. My 'test' park is for non profit use, it's only intended as a learning experience.

One of the main problems I'd like to overcome is the weather issues, and its effects on the models and their foam skins. The models will have to cope with heatwaves to freezing downpours. Any theme park goers here may like to offer advice on this project based on what they may have seen!

I would actually like to experiment with several species of dinosaur of all shapes and sizes, and especially create a group of animals, or a herd of say, Parasaurolophus. The dinosaurs I may add to this test park are:

T-rex, Hadrosaurs, Raptors, Pteranodons, Stegosaurs, Compies, Pachys and/or Dilophosaurus. If I did a Brachiosaur, it would likely just be the neck section (treetop scenes).

I will be making short videos of each mock paddock with the dinosaurs in action for my website and Youtube. Please feel free to suggest any JP dinosaurs you'd prefer to see in the test park. Keep in mind I will only be able to do up to around 6 species, so please make your selections carefully.

As well as selecting which dinosaurs you'd like to see, I would appreciate some thoughts on possible environment types for each dinosaur. As the paddocks will be temporary mock ups for the videos, I'm able to create a unique mini landscape for each one. For example.. the Parasaurs could have a shallow pool of water in their paddock. I could maybe create a temporary one (unless the site has one already) using plastic sheet laid into a recessed area of ground and filled with water. If I did Pteranodons, I could maybe use a rock face to perch them on. The Raptors might be suited in a paddock with lots of ground cover such as ferns (for stalking).

Please post your ideas and especially use drawings, photos or photoshop art to illustrate your paddocks. Keep in mind that the mock-up paddocks will be no bigger than a few acres for each dinosaur species. Let your imagination run free and include logs, rocks, water etc... even JP fencing!

Thank you!

8-)
Last edited by DinoCreator on 10 May 2009, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.

[url=http://www.myjurassicpark.com]http://www.myjurassicpark.com[/url]
Jon
db 2nd generation
Special Ranking: The All Seeing Eye

Re: Dinosaur Test Park Suggestions

Post by Jon »

DinoCreator, has there been any update on your park?
Webmaster of the one and only JPdb
1999 to current, and still going.