Megaraptor info

Could Jurassic Park ever really happen? How much of what you saw in Jurassic Park can be considered real? Discuss all of that and more here...
Brad

Re:Megaraptor info

Post by Brad »

Are there any large dromaeosaurid fragments from Europe, regardless of whether or not they can be called Utahraptor?

The referred specimen of Deltadromeus was a Tyrannosaurus-sized individual, with a femur over four feet long.
Micronew
a hatchling

Megaraptor info

Post by Micronew »

I knwo when it lived and how tall! It lived in early cretaceous and lived in euorpe and north america and its 1 feet taller than utahraptor so that is about 6 1/2 feet tall. it is 4 feet long, thats about as logn as 3 tennis rackets put end to end :smirk:
OneWingSephiroth
a hatchling

Megaraptor info

Post by OneWingSephiroth »

I'm just curious, or correct me if I'm wrong, but can we really say Megaraptor is a raptor? I mean, didn't they find just a few bones, couldn't the sickle claw be someting like that of a Baryonx?

Well, I haven't be updating myself with Megaraptor, but last I remember, their wasn't enough sufficient evidence to even prove it was a raptor...hopefully somebody can clear this up for me.
"I feel pain, I cry, I get jealous, I get mad, I get even...I lie, I cheat, I get greedy...I hurt to make myself feel superior...I feel lost...I feel joy, happiness, and I laugh because I am happy, I have hope, and I show my love, for I am human."
Mallon
a hatchling

Megaraptor info

Post by Mallon »

We know now that the "foot claw" actually belonged on the hand and that it likely wasn't related to dromaeosaurs at all. I know that's going to break a lot of young hearts...