80's forum!

request a forum to be hosted here
beeurd
db 2nd generation

Post by beeurd »

Meh, you probably bought it off us. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Like Junkyard Wars, Who Wants to be a Millionaire?, and The Weakest Link, among others.
Last edited by beeurd on 08 Mar 2004, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of the JPdb Bar & Grill
GalacticBasic.net Star Wars Forums
Ms. DNA
the extinct

Post by Ms. DNA »

And Trading Spaces, stolen from your show Changing Rooms. Your version is only a 1/2 hour, but America had to drag it out to a painful full hour, which I usually lose interest in the first 15 minutes.

Yeh, America has totally lost whatever creativity it ever had and we have now turned to mooching TV shows off other countries.........first it was the Japanese anime-type stuff (which should have stayed in Japan as far as I'm concerned), now we're stealing Britain's shows.......tomorrow THE WORLD!

All you need is love!
genesis
a hunter

Post by genesis »

Thats us. Rape of the naturial world.

IM GLAD I WASENT ALIVE DERING THE 80s! THEY AHD GAY MUSIC GAY CLOTH'S YUCK!

Thank god for the 90s to fix thoes hippys lol.

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />
hay ya.
AlphaChaosRaptor
a hunter

Post by AlphaChaosRaptor »

So...Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Motley Crue, Slayer, etc were "gay"? Ummm...no.

Also, America's stealing TV shows from elsewhere isn't a sudden trend. Three's Company was one older show we borrowed from the UK, if that's any indication of our creativity here. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Last edited by AlphaChaosRaptor on 26 Mar 2004, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.
"You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with its desire; you build egos the size of cathedrals; fiber-optically connect the world to every eager impulse; grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green, gold-plated fantasies, until every human becomes an aspiring emperor, becomes his own God... and where can you go from there?" "And as we're straddling from one deal to the next, who's got his eye on the planet, as the air thickens, the water sours, and even the bees' honey takes on the metallic taste of radioactivity? And it just keeps coming, faster and faster. There's no chance to think, to prepare; it's buy futures, sell futures, when there is no future." - John Milton
Ms. DNA
the extinct

Post by Ms. DNA »

OOPS. Ignore this post.
Last edited by Ms. DNA on 27 Mar 2004, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

All you need is love!
Ms. DNA
the extinct

Post by Ms. DNA »

Quoting genesis: Thank god for the 90s to fix thoes hippys lol.

Umm...hippies were the 60's and 70's, not the 80's. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

...But if you're comparing them to the 80's, the 90's don't really have much to be proud of in the way of music or TV either! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Three's Company?????................as far as I'm concerned that show should have STAYED in Britain! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />

P.S.- What's wrong with the quoting button thingy?! It won't work!
Last edited by Ms. DNA on 27 Mar 2004, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

All you need is love!
genesis
a hunter

Post by genesis »

Lol i was like sick that day i posted that so jest ignore it please.

I hated there cloths srry!

And most of there music
AlphaChaosRaptor
a hunter

Post by AlphaChaosRaptor »

Actually, we didn't move Three's Company from the UK. We just took the idea. Their version of the show was under a different name.

genesis, I get what you're saying, but how you phrase it has a great effect on how it's interpreted. If you didn't like a lot of the music, it's not my position to really judge you on it. I don't care for some of it, either. You're entitled to your opinion. I was just pointing out not all 80's music can really be labelled as it was.

I actually like message 80's hair metal conveyed. I think there's a disproportionate amount of angst and anger in rock these days. Back then, hair metal (really most rock then) was more about partying and having a good time, though not all of it was like that.

Also, the 90's was when we had the revival of the hippy movement. The 80's were like the 50's in that it was a time of decadence and wealth was seemingly more important. The 90's eventually became a time of reaction against that.

The clothes...well, again I won't judge. I don't really think the clothes were all that bad. I think, however, that the fashion trends were not all that great. It was a time of experimentation with music as well as clothing. I was only a kid then, so I didn't pay much attention to clothing. My wardrode consisted mostly of T-shirts and jeans, plus a little denim, and my cowboy garb. I still retain a certain distance from being sensitive to fashion, because I feel I should be free of domination by these trends.
Last edited by AlphaChaosRaptor on 07 Apr 2004, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.
"You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with its desire; you build egos the size of cathedrals; fiber-optically connect the world to every eager impulse; grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green, gold-plated fantasies, until every human becomes an aspiring emperor, becomes his own God... and where can you go from there?" "And as we're straddling from one deal to the next, who's got his eye on the planet, as the air thickens, the water sours, and even the bees' honey takes on the metallic taste of radioactivity? And it just keeps coming, faster and faster. There's no chance to think, to prepare; it's buy futures, sell futures, when there is no future." - John Milton