Safari with Large Carnivores, how?

Got news, ideas, pictures of your park, hacks, or cheats .. discuss them all here....
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

I'm nearly done with a park I am making, and the T-Rex has just been gene-sequenced (I can hatch one now). I just wanna know, is there any way for a Safari to safely go thru an enclosure with a large carnivore (more specifically T-Rex) being exhibited within?
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

personally i never do that. the only time i did it was during one of the missions where i had to. however, i've heard from other people here that their large carnivores don't pay any mind to the cars.

i suppose that it could work, but i have a feeling that if the car starts honking, the Rex is going to retaliate.

i also remember that during that mission, the carnivores destroyed i think 4 cars within a few hours(real time).

what i do in my parks is put a viewing dome inside and balloon tour around it instead of a safari ride.
Sola Raptress

Post by Sola Raptress »

You can do It. I had a T.rex in one park that allowed the safari tours in its pen, and was completley fine with them. Untill one happened to smack into him...

/wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

exactly my point. as long as they steer clear of each other, there wouldn't be any problems...but if they encounter each other....
Raptor
a hatchling

Post by Raptor »

There is a way without any risk of attack. First, save the game. Second, if you
can clone another large carnivore in the Rex's incloseure, do it. Third, if they
fight a Domince Duel and the Rex wins, get rid of the other carnivore and save
the game. If the Rex dosn't win, go back to your last save. When the Rex wins,
he will no longer consider jeeps a threat and thusly not attack them. Hope that
helps /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> .
Welcome to Jurassic Park!
Sola Raptress

Post by Sola Raptress »

Really? Thats neat. Thanks for that tip.
Raptor
a hatchling

Post by Raptor »

Your welcome /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> .
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

Interesting. I'll see if it worx. Is this an actual game strategy recognized by the developers or just a glitch?
Raptor
a hatchling

Post by Raptor »

I belive it's part of a carnivore's behavor so its propbly known by the developers.
Last edited by Raptor on 03 Dec 2005, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.