Jack Horner and Joe Johnston??

Somewhere on a remote island there lie no fences, no power, and no plot. Explore the amazing world of the Universal Studios potential known as Jurassic Park IV. (Spoilers Allowed!)
Dino_Slayer
a wonderer

Post by Dino_Slayer »

QUOTE AICN has posted something a little bit, believable on why the original ridiculous concept for Jurassic Park 4 was dropped. It appears Jurassic Park Trilogy paleontology consultant, Dr. Jack Horner, has been writing the script for Jurassic Park 4 with Joe Johnston.

Jack Horner confirmed what I had read previously, involving genetically engineered dinosaurs that ended up looking very human-like. He gave us the example of the concept of the troodon-human, an idea in paleontology that if the dinosaurs had not died, they would have evolved to become more human-like. This is the only picture I can find of it right now ( Troodon ). He told us that the reason JP4 had not moved forward sooner was that Steven Spielberg had rejected the screenplay that he and Joe Johnston had written. He then said that he was working on a new screenplay with Joe that he thinks Steven would like better.

He then mentioned that he is currently working on a feature length, fully 3D movie that would be a tour of Montana 75 million years ago, going from the ocean to the mountains. I asked if this would be shown at IMAX theaters, and he said that it could be, but was intended as one of the early releases for the new 3D theaters being built across the country, and that they were working on making the JP movies into 3D. I had heard of this project with the Star Wars franchise, but I didn't realize it was going to be so widespread so soon.

I know most of this is either old or not news worthy, but I wanted to pass it along.[/quote]
Joe Johnston involved again, even after he clearly refused to make another one? Jacko Horner writing a JP4 script?? Sounds like BS to me.
Last edited by Dino_Slayer on 07 Feb 2006, 07:46, edited 1 time in total.
"With all the respect, JPIV, could you please start rolling?"- Dino_Slayer

pack raptor
a wonderer

Post by pack raptor »

Yeah, that's a load of crap. Jack Horner does not write, and Joe Johnston said he doesn't want to be involved in JP4. The story idea alone is completely ridiculous. I don't think any self-respecting paleontologist would really consider that.
- Josh

"If I was president I'd get elected on Friday, assassinated on Saturday, and buried on Sunday." - Wyclef Jean
Garfielosaurus_rex
a hunter

Post by Garfielosaurus_rex »

I seriously think me too that this news is totally false. Seriously, Joe Johnston and Jack Horner are far away to be the best persons to make a script.
Dr. XIII
a hatchling

Post by Dr. XIII »

I agree with you, Garfielosaurus_rex. Jack Horner is not a script writer, and his career shows.
You know you're having a really bad day when you took a look around you and all your fellow explorers were immediately devoured by an angry Tyrannosaurus Rex and a Giganotosaurus Carolinii. (In seperate areas of the island)
Garfielosaurus_rex
a hunter

Post by Garfielosaurus_rex »

Exact. He is not even good to be a good dinosaur movie consultant. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> lol
lilgamefreek
the extinct

Post by lilgamefreek »

He's not that bad. Just a bit "touched" in the head. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
But really, much of his work is great, just the issue on spino.

Zombies. Hilarious
Andy-rex
a hunter

Post by Andy-rex »

Hes writeing the script oh no,get ready a big ol pile uh bs
[color=#0040FF]i'm a jurassic park veteran, you're not[/color]