Shroud of Turin? True or False?

Could Jurassic Park ever really happen? How much of what you saw in Jurassic Park can be considered real? Discuss all of that and more here...
ChristinaGrant
a hatchling

Shroud of Turin? True or False?

Post by ChristinaGrant »

I've heard that the are going to redo their carbon 14 dating, but even so you have your disbelievers. I think it's :- real but the negative, where they turn the picture inside out scares me. I saw glowing red eyes and I have been scared eversince. :-
Christina Que Lindo Es Lorianne Grant

Dr. Grant is my favorite Paleontologist.

"Velociraptor?"-Ellie JP1 "Yes. Good shape too. 6 feet high I'm guessing 9 feet long, look at the half moon-shaped bones in the wrists, no wonder these guys learned how to fly." Dr. Alan Grant JP1
[image]http://www.samneill.com/_there.gif" border="0[/image]
Anonymous

Re:Shroud of Turin? True or False?

Post by Anonymous »

glowing red eyes on the negative? that's the negative, pics always look distorted in negatives, don't be scared
Alexander
db 2nd generation

Post by Alexander »

I believe it is fake. I haven't seen any evidence otherwise that would change that belief yet.

"Do you have a flag?"
Sara
a hunter

Post by Sara »

I sound stupid, but.. what is "shroud of turin" ..? :- Regardless the explanation of topic in the first post, I'm afraid I'm still lost of the subject.

[b]You gon' get RAPED. [/b]
ChristinaGrant
a hatchling

Post by ChristinaGrant »

Hi, Sara, I don't think you sound stupid at all, the Shroud of Turin is the burial cloth of Jesus Christ that they found in the tomb when they rolled the stone away and his image is imprinted on the 14 ft long cloth front and back very faint. So, when they took the pic and developed the neg, a very distinct face appeared. Some dispute its authenticity, but others think as I do that it is real. I know Jesus was not a scary person, but the neg is.

"Velociraptor?"-Ellie JP1 "Yes. Good shape too. 6 feet high I'm guessing 9 feet long, look at the half moon-shaped bones in the wrists, no wonder these guys learned how to fly." Dr. Alan Grant JP1
Alexander
db 2nd generation

Post by Alexander »

BOOGA BOOGA!<br /><br />

"Do you have a flag?"
Sara
a hunter

Post by Sara »

OOH! I see! : Duh, Sara..<br /><br />That picture makes Jeebus look like a cartoon or something, I suppose its how the face is sculpted.

[b]You gon' get RAPED. [/b]
ChristinaGrant
a hatchling

Post by ChristinaGrant »

It was supposed to be from when the burst of radiation came as he was being resurected (sp) and the light was so powerful that it imprinted on the cloth. Others have tried to dupicate it and have never been successful. One guy put the Shroud under an x-ray machine and took a pic, it was three-d just like when HE went under the same thing. The pics were nearly identical in every way.