80's forum!

request a forum to be hosted here
beeurd
db 2nd generation

80's forum!

Post by beeurd »

hehe... I recently bought an 80s music CD.

*listens*
Founder of the JPdb Bar & Grill
GalacticBasic.net Star Wars Forums
brettwalker

80's forum!

Post by brettwalker »

Yeah i know where you're comin from, Lord Chaos. Although the 80s are almost impossible for most of us to remember, the feeling still lives on.

Some of the weirdest and coolest musicians came out or that era. Speaking of weird music, I'm hanging out for Radiohead when they come to Australia next year.

If you're into U2, i have a number of topics (actually only 2) which update the developments of the next U2 album if you
re interested, in the Entertainment Zone. If you want, i'll keep you updated.
beeurd
db 2nd generation

Post by beeurd »

LOL, TMNT was on today. Original series, too. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

and look what I found!
http://80scartoons.co.uk/

Any chance of renaming this thread "The 80s Thread" and moving it to general, to save creating a new one? Pweeeeese?
genesis
a hunter

Post by genesis »

Wasent Alive During 80s /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />
beeurd
db 2nd generation

Post by beeurd »

Gasp! Why ever not? lol

You make me feel oooold. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
Ms. DNA
the extinct

Post by Ms. DNA »

YIKES, it just does not seem like someone born in the 90's should be a teenager or almost a teenager already!

*feels OOOOOOOOLLLLLLDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!*

As for the 80's I was too young to have much experience with the music and trends and stuff. I remember I was a fan of Rainbow Brite, and I still have a stuffed animal of her little rainbow dog. I think I have a few Cabbage Patch dolls up in the attic. UH...hmmm..

I just watched one of those "I Love the 80's" specials on VH1. I think it was I Love 1986.

I'm just glad I wasn't old enough to wear any of those wacky 80's outfits and shoes...... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I can't wait until they start making "I Love the 90's"......they'll be talking about Power Rangers and all that great stuff from when I was in elementary school. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Last edited by Ms. DNA on 20 Feb 2004, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

All you need is love!
AlphaChaosRaptor
a hunter

Post by AlphaChaosRaptor »

I love the 90's... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> If they keep making nostalgia shows at this rate, we won't be able to do them. Hell, VH-1 already has The Best Week or whatever it's called, which is just nostalgia for the very recent past. I can see I Love The 90s already.. "Poison releases it's Greatest Hits CD..." /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I have that CD, btw. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
"You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with its desire; you build egos the size of cathedrals; fiber-optically connect the world to every eager impulse; grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green, gold-plated fantasies, until every human becomes an aspiring emperor, becomes his own God... and where can you go from there?" "And as we're straddling from one deal to the next, who's got his eye on the planet, as the air thickens, the water sours, and even the bees' honey takes on the metallic taste of radioactivity? And it just keeps coming, faster and faster. There's no chance to think, to prepare; it's buy futures, sell futures, when there is no future." - John Milton
beeurd
db 2nd generation

Post by beeurd »

Are those the same "I love the 80s" things they showed over here?
AlphaChaosRaptor
a hunter

Post by AlphaChaosRaptor »

I really have no idea. Unless they changed it to reflect the cultural significance to the UK, then I think not.
"You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with its desire; you build egos the size of cathedrals; fiber-optically connect the world to every eager impulse; grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green, gold-plated fantasies, until every human becomes an aspiring emperor, becomes his own God... and where can you go from there?" "And as we're straddling from one deal to the next, who's got his eye on the planet, as the air thickens, the water sours, and even the bees' honey takes on the metallic taste of radioactivity? And it just keeps coming, faster and faster. There's no chance to think, to prepare; it's buy futures, sell futures, when there is no future." - John Milton
Ms. DNA
the extinct

Post by Ms. DNA »

I'd say they're probably the same.

All you need is love!