Last one to post HERE!!

Welcome to the visitors complex, this is a place to gather and enjoy yourselves...
Andy-rex
a hunter

Re: Last one to post HERE!!

Post by Andy-rex »

looks like i win -_-
Jon
db 2nd generation
Special Ranking: The All Seeing Eye

Post by Jon »

Andy-rex wrote:looks like i win -_-
Still here. I've been pretty busy with work and such. Renewed the domains for another 5 years. My fiancé and I have just put down a down payment on a house. It's been pretty exciting and scary at the same time.
Webmaster of the one and only JPdb
1999 to current, and still going.
Jon
db 2nd generation

Post by Jon »

Jon wrote:
Still here. I've been pretty busy with work and such. Renewed the domains for another 5 years. My fiancé and I have just put down a down payment on a house. It's been pretty exciting and scary at the same time.
And just like that! My fiancé and I successfully closed on our first home together. :D :D :D
Tyrannis
db 2nd generation

Post by Tyrannis »

Jon wrote:
Jon wrote:
And just like that! My fiancé and I successfully closed on our first home together. :D :D :D

Congratulations! That's a big deal
Jon
db 2nd generation

Post by Jon »

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone! May your holiday be filled with plenty of love and heartwarming reunions with your friends and family.
Jon
db 2nd generation

Post by Jon »

Tyrannis wrote:Congratulations! That's a big deal
Thank you! It's been pretty tough getting to work from this place. Long commute, burning plenty of gas. I may look into getting a hybrid or something. Aside from doing minor carpentry, I've also successfully ran new duct for the A/C and heating system. Who knew I had it in me. This should keep us warmer during the winter months. I'm also looking for a way to run ethernet lines throughout the house. Or at least an efficient wireless router. Fun stuff!
Andy-rex
a hunter

Post by Andy-rex »

Glad to see you and your lady are settling down,jon. :) Been here since 06',man how time flies! I even scoured the web for this avie reminiscent of when it was an option to use before the forum got updated and everyone got "reset".
Jon
db 2nd generation

Post by Jon »

Andy-rex wrote:Glad to see you and your lady are settling down,jon. :) Been here since 06',man how time flies! I even scoured the web for this avie reminiscent of when it was an option to use before the forum got updated and everyone got "reset".
It's a work in progress. We've started "fixing" things in the house. At least I can say I learned a thing or two from my parents.

Part of the reset was the nature of going from a PERL-based forum to a PHP-based forum. The way the passwords were stored in the Ultimate Bulletin Board (UBB) were completely different from the way UBB.threads, Invision Power Board, and finally phpBB were handled. At least if the e-mail address on file active, the password reset should have been simple. An email to us would have resolved the issue too. I really tried to like UBB.threads when it was released as an alternative to their PERL-based forum. I would remember conversations with the host providers about how the UBB board was causing high load on their system and that I should move to another forum software. It was a non-stop task that I would deal with on a bi-weekly basis. However, the management of the software at the time didn't grant the level of control over it's previous product. IPB was a nicely written, but the licensing fees and bloated nature of the software made the forum feel slow overall.

Then there was a nice issue where the server provides suspended the account due to too much data transfer; that was fun. I lost my contract with them overnight. Other software advances corrupted the original database on .net, so I never really sat down to reproduce the content. I had troves of it. Followed by one hard-drive failure after another. I can't exactly stay up all night like I did back in high school. Come to think of it, that was over 13 years ago right about now. You would think I would have had time by now. =/

Even the free webmail service we tried to offer here got sidelined. Eventfully that was moved to a Microsoft-domain service. I thought it was pretty cool, offering a way to use Office on the Web. Not many people liked the fact I chose to go with Microsoft over say, Google. Eventually Microsoft shutdown the domain service, so only the people who have a previous account can access their email. No new signups have been offering since, I'll say, 2013? I can't quite remember. They offered a paid tier, but it was a huge yearly fee. We didn't make income off this site, alas. I just keep renewing the domain names and paying the yearly hosting fee every November-ish.
Tyrannosaur
a hatchling

Post by Tyrannosaur »

*poke poke* Hello! Figured I'd say hi at least. :)

Feeling nostalgic for the first time in decades. :P
Andy-rex
a hunter

Post by Andy-rex »

I feel nostalgia every time i'm on a jurassic park website like this one! :ph34r: