Movie news flash!

All your latest news on Movies, Music, Sports, and more...
pack raptor
a wonderer

Post by pack raptor »

Here's some recent movie news for you to enjoy

It's official, Starwars.com has finally revealed the title of the last installment in the Starwars prequel trilogy : Starwars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith hits theaters May 19, 2005.

The Fantastic Four cast has finally been confirmed: Micheal Chiklis, (from tv's 'The Shield') has snagged the role of Ben Grimm/The Thing, Ioan Gruffud (King Arthur) will play Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic, Chris Evans (Cellular) will play Johnny Storm/Human Torch, and Jessica Alba (from tv's 'Dark Angel') will play Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman. I got this information from movies.com.

Many of the tv ads still say that Alien Versus Predator "Has not yet been rated", I went to the official website (avp-movie.com) a few minutes ago and it's now confirmed, AVP is rated PG-13. A smart move, financially speaking, now that they can attract a younger audience.
- Josh

"If I was president I'd get elected on Friday, assassinated on Saturday, and buried on Sunday." - Wyclef Jean
Alexander
db 2nd generation

Post by Alexander »

Star Wars is the only good news in there. Fantastic Four has a pretty poor cast, sounds like a wait until video for me. AVP is going to be even crappier than it already was going to be with a PG-13 rating.

"Do you have a flag?"
pack raptor
a wonderer

Post by pack raptor »

What's up with people over the net judging movies before they even see them?
Eh ... I don't think it is that big of a deal that AVP is rated PG-13, after all, the trailers make it look as if it's going to be a tense action movie, with some suspense thrown in for good measures, not a horror film. With Paul W. S. Anderson's style it wouldn't work well as a horror film anyway. I saw Resident Evil and it didn't scare me one bit, it was just gorey. With a PG-13 rating, it really pushes a director to be creative to scare the audience without blatant use of gore. So I think it will have more psychological scares rather than physical scares, which I think may be a good thing. I won't make any judgment on it until I actually see it though.

As for the Fantastic Four's cast, I'm neutral until I see the movie.(Though I do feel that Jessica Alba was completely miscast simply because of her age, she's too young to play Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman.)
- Josh

"If I was president I'd get elected on Friday, assassinated on Saturday, and buried on Sunday." - Wyclef Jean
Alexander
db 2nd generation

Post by Alexander »

pack raptor wrote:What's up with people over the net judging movies before they even see them?
Some movies you just know will be crap, like Catwoman.

"Do you have a flag?"
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

i deletd this post
Last edited by Rex-Jay on 27 Jul 2004, 07:56, edited 1 time in total.
Cyclopsis Raptor
a hunter

Post by Cyclopsis Raptor »

I think that The Fantastic Four will suck just because it's another one of these "Comic Book" movies.

Oh and: Predator and Alien are horror series. Live with it.

I've been banned more than you can count to.
pack raptor
a wonderer

Post by pack raptor »

QUOTE (Cyclopsis Raptor Posted on 07.27.2004 11:32)

I think that The Fantastic Four will suck just because it's another one of these "Comic Book" movies.

Your making your judgments on it just because it fits in a certain genre? At the very least save your judgment until you see the trailer.[/quote](Cyclopsis Raptor Posted on 07.27.2004 11:32 )

Oh and: Predator and Alien are horror series. Live with it.

I'm talking about AVP which DOES look like a scifi/action film, not the individual franchises. The Predator franchise was more sci-fi/action than sci-fi/horror anyways. While the Alien franchise yo-yo's from film to film:Alien was a sci-fi/horror film, Aliens was a sci-fi/action film, Alien 3 was a sci-fi/horror film, and Alien Ressurection was a sci-fi/action film.
Last edited by pack raptor on 27 Jul 2004, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
- Josh

Cyclopsis Raptor
a hunter

Post by Cyclopsis Raptor »

I hate all Comic Book movies, except Batman, and X-Men (never saw 2).

And: They are Horror/Action films, you acted appaled that they would stay the course that those two movies have always been.

I've been banned more than you can count to.
pack raptor
a wonderer

Post by pack raptor »

[QUOTE] (Cyclopsis Raptor)
And: They are Horror/Action films, you acted appaled that they would stay the course that those two movies have always been.

Huh? What are you trying to say? I didn't act appalled by anything. I said that AVP will most likely be a sci-fi/action film, if you've seen the trailers it looks like an action film .What were you reading? By the way, you keep using colons in the wrong way.
- Josh

tyrant_lizard_king
a hatchling

Post by tyrant_lizard_king »

The trailer for A Sound of Thunder is finally up at Click here

Very poor quality though. But its all we dinosaur fanatics have until JP4 & King Kong, wich won't be till next year.