JPDatabase forums software

request a forum to be hosted here
Conrad
an egg

Post by Conrad »

The last time I came here the forums ran on UBB Threads and this forum was THE BEST example of a Threads board that I have ever seen (the board looks great now as well!!!).

Would it be possible for you to email me the template files from the old (Threads) forum so that I can use the old design and keep it alive? I would love to do that and prove to everyone that JPDatabase created something that no designer at Threadsdev has ever come close to creating.

If you find the time please email me the template/stylesheet files to the address on file.

Kind regards,

Conrad
Jon
db 2nd generation
Special Ranking: The All Seeing Eye

Post by Jon »

Creating that design was a big issue for me. I hated how UBB.theads was designed, so I started creating the custom templates and style sheets over the course of my entire summer in 2003.

This should be the proper template: www.jpdatabase.net/ubbclassic-template-for-threads.zip

I don’t know if this is the complete temple that I designed. Let me know how it looks as I will install ubb.threads 6.4 sooner or later on this server to test it out.
Webmaster of the one and only JPdb
1999 to current, and still going.
Conrad
an egg

Post by Conrad »

Many thanks for the templates!! I'm currently running 6.5 but am a complete newbie at editing these things (been using UBB Classic for years before that).

I take it I need to check whether the files are still the same in the new release or whether some of them have been altered? As I have no experience messing with Threads it might take a while, but I would definitely love to continue the great design that you created.
Jon
db 2nd generation

Post by Jon »

my license for ubb.classic expired in 2003 (6.3.0.1), and it was a complete server hog, but I loved it amd so did the users. Ubb.threads was my attempt to use InfoPop again, but it failed. No one really liked threads because of its glitches. So I let the expire around version 6.4. If you want, send me 6.5, I hear it's awesome! I'll code the new ubb.classic on it sometime at the end of December, due to all my classes being extremely hard this semester.
Conrad
an egg

Post by Conrad »

UBB Classic is ridiculous when it comes to hogging the server. I even lost the search feature months ago as the server simply couldn't cope...

Will email you 6.5 straight away, which email address should I use? The same one as the MSN handle?
Jon
db 2nd generation

Post by Jon »

any email, jon@jpdatabase.net is fine, hotmail is fine. doesnt matter /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Conrad
an egg

Post by Conrad »

I emailed the zip file earlier in the day. Would it also be possible to see the '.css' stylesheets you were using on Threads? I recall you even had the fonts and sizes finely matched with Classic! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Jon
db 2nd generation

Post by Jon »

I got the email. Yes, let me look for it after I finish this paper.
Conrad
an egg

Post by Conrad »

Jon, sorry for mentioning the issue at Threadsdev - thought it would be ok as you've posted there in the past and opened up a thread concerning the new look you created.

Seems like Threads 6.5 will be the last version going as Infopop is combining UBBC and UBBT into a single product. Will be interesting to see how the new forum looks and to what extent it can be customized.
Last edited by Conrad on 14 Nov 2004, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
Jon
db 2nd generation

Post by Jon »

It's fine. Doesn't bother me. I'll be working on the new threads soon enough. I've started a little last week. You can view it at http://ubb.jpdatabase.net/