Surprising news on Spider-man 3

All your latest news on Movies, Music, Sports, and more...
Alexander
db 2nd generation

Post by Alexander »

If they use Harry for the third it will definitely be a dark film.

Dark = Good.

Go Harry storyline!

"Do you have a flag?"
pack raptor
a wonderer

Post by pack raptor »

He can always stall. Or change the meaning of the scene. Damn it, I wish I had that issue of Wizard still with me so I could post what Raimi said here. He made a good point regarding how he could shift the meaning of that scene.

I think Venom's story arch is much darker than Hob Goblin's. Though if he's the main villain in SP3 it may feel a little rushed because they would have to explain that entire story in 2 hours. I feel this way because Venom is a monster in every way, fueled completely by revenge. He's the boogey-man of the Spider-Man comics. Harry isn't fueled completely by revenge, and he's not exactly a monster.He wants to fulfill his father's wishes in some way more than anything else, though vengeance is quite appealing. He's just a guy who's very emotionally unstable.

Either way, it's a tough choice.
- Josh

"If I was president I'd get elected on Friday, assassinated on Saturday, and buried on Sunday." - Wyclef Jean
Alexander
db 2nd generation

Post by Alexander »

Haven't Raimi, Maguire and Dunst said that SP3 is the last one?

"Do you have a flag?"
Shark Death
the extinct

Post by Shark Death »

pack raptor wrote:Harry isn't fueled completely by revenge.
Uhm, Spider-Man killed his father. And may I quote from Spider-Man; Harry Obsorn: "One day Spider-Man will pay. I swear on my father's grave Spider-Man will pay". So uh ... Raimi can say what he wants, but the fact is that audiences want the showdown to happen.

Venom's cool, he's (their) one of my favorite comic book characters of all time, but seriously, would it fit well with the rest of the series? The movie would have to begin with the whole shuttle crash/Eddie taking pictures, meeting the symbiote, etc if they were to develop Venom enough anyway. And the fact that he hates Peter Park would have to be fit in there aswell, it would seem far too rushed. If they had Introduced Eddie in the second movie or maybe the first in a tiny little moment (Like Doctor Connors) involving some sort of way to show that he's jealous of Peter's job, or something else, than it could work. They mentioned his name in one rushed little line in the first, but whoopdeedoo, only hardcore fans picked up on that.

The Doctor Conors refferences in the first were much more obvious, and they put a recongnizable actor to his name in the second. Obviously, Raimi has plans for him, and obviously, he doesn't have much planned for Venom. Hell, we have a better chance of Jameson's son becoming the Man Wolf ever before we see Venom, because of the events in the second.

Now, if the third film wasn't the last, than I can see how it would work:

First Film: Green Goblin, Harry's mad at S-M, Conors referenced and a VERY forgettable Eddie mention is given aswell

Second Film: Doc Oc, Harry learns of S-M's identity and discovers GG's stuff, Jameson's son is introduced, not to happy with Peter.

Third Film: The Lizard, Harry's communication with his father is shown in several scences, thus a side story is made involving the development of the HG's nature, Eddie should also be introduced and we see that he's not very happy with Petey.

Fourth Film: Main villain: The Wolf Man, or Venom? Hob Golbin?

It's really hard to plan out getting everyone's personal favorite villain in there, I mean, a lot of people want Venom, a lot want Mysterio, others want the Kingpin. It's joo damn bad. The Villain in the Third (And FINAL) S-M should be the Hob Goblin.
pack raptor
a wonderer

Post by pack raptor »

[QUOTE]Shark Death Posted on 12.16.2004 15:44
It's really hard to plan out getting everyone's personal favorite villain in there, I mean, a lot of people want Venom, a lot want Mysterio, others want the Kingpin. It's joo damn bad. The Villain in the Third (And FINAL) S-M should be the Hob Goblin.

Uh ... this most likely will NOT be the last film. Avi Arad, the co-founder of Marvel, said that the Spider-Man series will continue past the 3rd. installment a few weeks after Raimi made his anouncement. Regardless if Harry's Goblin arch is told or not. Marvel pretty much has the last say on that, and Columbia pictures certainly couldn't resist another sequel. I don't think that it's necessarily a good or bad thing to continue making Spider-Man sequels but only time will tell.

[QUOTE]Shark Death Posted on 12.16.2004 15:44

Venom's cool, he's (their) one of my favorite comic book characters of all time, but seriously, would it fit well with the rest of the series? The movie would have to begin with the whole shuttle crash/Eddie taking pictures, meeting the symbiote, etc if they were to develop Venom enough anyway. And the fact that he hates Peter Park would have to be fit in there aswell, it would seem far too rushed. If they had Introduced Eddie in the second movie or maybe the first in a tiny little moment (Like Doctor Connors) involving some sort of way to show that he's jealous of Peter's job, or something else, than it could work. They mentioned his name in one rushed little line in the first, but whoopdeedoo, only hardcore fans picked up on that.

What did I say in my last post?

(pack raptor Posted on 12.16.2004 10:00)
I think Venom's story arch is much darker than Hob Goblin's. Though if he's the main villain in SP3 it may feel a little rushed because they would have to explain that entire story in 2 hours.

So I don't disagree with you there. But they could go by Venom's Ultimate storyline in 2 hours, and that wouldn't feel so rushed. Or they could come up with a hybrid of both the classic Venom storyline and the Ultimate storyline to please both past generation and new generation fans.

The reason why I would want to see Harry's arch told later is because I don't think he's hit rock bottom yet. When he's at the end of his rope, and I mean really at a time of horrible desperation, where he has lost all of his sanity, family fortune, and has become completely isolated from the out side world,then it is the time when HobGoblin should arise.

Yes, HobGoblin is the most logical choice for SP3, but I feel a little iffy about the whole situation. I feel the same way about Venom. I think that either way, SP3 may come off as just a hustle, and I hope that it doesn't. They're going to have to be real careful about it.
Last edited by pack raptor on 17 Dec 2004, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
- Josh

"If I was president I'd get elected on Friday, assassinated on Saturday, and buried on Sunday." - Wyclef Jean
pack raptor
a wonderer

Post by pack raptor »

Also, I really think that James Franco (Harry Osborn) will just try to imitate Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin performance. If he does just try to copy Willem Dafoe I won't enjoy it. I feel that James Franco makes a great Harry Osborn but I really doubt that he could pull off a decent Hob Goblin performance. He would probably go way over the top trying to be "crazy", but it's unlikely that he'll be convincing in the role.
- Josh