Best looking Velociraptor

Was it the original DNA manipulated Jurassic Park, the return of inGen in The Lost-World, or just the worth-wild running around frantically Jurassic Park III that captured your imagination.
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

SSJDinoTycoon42 wrote:
Velociraptor28 wrote: Yes, and no. I doubt that they would have bright blue feathers. Seriously, bright blue feathers! Why don't they just carry around a loud speaker?  Two no doubt.
uh..they weren't bright blue, they were more of a dark purple
i just watched all three movies in a row, and i see what you mean with the bright blue, but it was only a stripe along the sides of the males. however that stripe would be kind of noticable in the jungle, sometimes
Garfielosaurus_rex
a hunter

Post by Garfielosaurus_rex »

SSJDinoTycoon42 wrote:i wonder how the public will react if the JP4 raptors have the full lion mane type of thing on their necks like with the theories....

and the full body feathers are hardly noticable because it's more like a thin layer of fur, uh..downy feathers...so the only thing you would see would be the big puff around the head
I hope that they will don't do that to the Raptor... And we react already enough of the JP3 Raptor lol.
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

Honestly, the Deinonychus has been mistaken as Velociraptors (thats according to size and intelligence).
Now, I personally like the Reptilian look better than the feathers... because the feathers make them look, well... kinda weird and funny. And at the same time, slightly weak.
The Reptilan look though, makes them look more "cold", and I like this because it gives you that sense of fear...
Also, I don't think Deinonychus had feathers... but its possible that Raptors did...
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

yeah, i agree the new raptors give off a different feeling when you see them...

the ones in the first two were really scary and you basically were helpless when you encountered them, but the JP3 they were still scary, but the new look made them kind of freaky, and then it was like there was a way out of being eaten. and they were a little too smart as a transition from TLW. (making Udesky's arm move for example) it's almost as if they were not the same dinosaur that we have all come to know
Deepu_ravi
a hunter

Post by Deepu_ravi »

i like the tiger raptors from tlw becaus they looked so cool with lot of stripes and i like the scene were ian gets stuck in the vehicle and the raptor trying to break the glass with its snout.
[The lawyer seeks shelter from the T.Rex in a bathroom]
Dr. Alan Grant: Well where does he think he's going?
Dr. Ian Malcolm: When you gotta go, you gotta go

- Jurassic Park
Eva
an egg

Post by Eva »

The first Jp most definitly. They looked the most realistic. In LW the only real difference that I could make was that their eyes were a bright green. They ruined the look in JP/// with those stupid feather things on the back of their head. Sheesh... The raptors evovled quickly during LW to JP///.
SoulTaker
a hatchling

Post by SoulTaker »

TLW raptors, definitelly, in JP1 is where the raptors can be considered as deinonychus, yet in TLW, they are slightly smaller and with a longer snout

Yet, THAT could be given to sexual dimorphism aswell as a hybrid (perhaps Wu's team didn't have enough DNA of both species for a viable production)

But, in JP///, we see a good jungle-pattern raptor (apart from the STUPID blue stripe), with a few feathers hanging from the top of the neck, although the feathers seem more like spikes..., a female with a so bright pattern that owuld be seen from a good distance, horns sprouting straight from the front of the eyes, difficulting their eye-sight (for a predator this is a big no-no), so intelligent that if you gave them a pc they would hijck the internet, and at the same time, too stupid to even reach anywhere near scary...
B.JB
a hatchling

Post by B.JB »

Excellent analysis Soultaker, damn, those raptor drawings are good. I still think TLW raptor was the best...they looks far more intelligent than the rest.
Last edited by B.JB on 27 Jun 2005, 10:50, edited 1 time in total.
JURASSIC PARK - The Turner Productions Fan Movie
Click for more on Turner Productions
SoulTaker
a hatchling

Post by SoulTaker »

Thank you very much.
the drawings (official concept arts of the movies) can be found at http://terrasco.net
Yet, you must search through the menus to find them (terrasco.movies>jurassicpark>downloads>Dino Art)
Deepu_ravi
a hunter

Post by Deepu_ravi »

marvellous piece of information soultaker
[The lawyer seeks shelter from the T.Rex in a bathroom]
Dr. Alan Grant: Well where does he think he's going?
Dr. Ian Malcolm: When you gotta go, you gotta go

- Jurassic Park