If Jurassic Park ever happened....

Could Jurassic Park ever really happen? How much of what you saw in Jurassic Park can be considered real? Discuss all of that and more here...
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

I'm not too fluent in Japanese, so I didn't know what you wrote there...
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

well...the lyrics said it means "we can get there while we ponder"....it is as random in the song as it sounds now...but then again, Japanese songs are usually pretty deep, especially the anime themes
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

Oh yes, you're quite right there! Japanese songs ARE meaningful and sometimes tend to be written in a metaphorical way...
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

I wonder if there's a forum/thread about Space...etc around here... :S
Anyway..., I was wondering...., if JP was real - how high would the Voltage on the fences NED to be?
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

hmm...i think i brought that up a while ago...not sure if i got a response though...

so, anybody got an idea about that?
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

Well, I think that the Voltage may have been set far too high for the park animals. According to the book (and film - JP Park Warden, Robert Muldoon) the Velociraptors were testing the fences for weaknesses. Sure this is possible, because most animals may do this.
But think about it, In the film, I think the fence voltage was based around 100,000 V (or something- correct me if I'm wrong). Don't you think that this may have been enough to have "fried" the Raptors...? Surely the creatures wouldn't want to keep testing the fences, if they knew the risk of what would happen when they touched it..., right?
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

actually it was 10,000 volts.

however, was the voltage on the raptor fences different than the others? i know it was more secure, but they wouldn't need voltage higher than the Rex fence
Tyrannis
db 2nd generation

Post by Tyrannis »

I can't remember whether it's volts or watts that kill you because one can be low while the other is high and you'll survive if it's reversed you'll be dead where you stand.
When all is said and done and the world is empty how much does it really matter the amount of money you had or what car you drove?
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

i have no idea

but i remember all the signs in the movie saying 10,000 volts
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

I remember that too. But, seriously, wouldn't that have killed some of the animals if they touched it by accident?
Eg: If a compy touched it, it would prob. die because its so small... and the voltage being pretty high.
If a Raptor touched it though, I'm not too sure what would happen - but some of them are bound to die (chance factor thing).
And a T-rex is likely to actualy survive it... (lol, I'm just guessing here ok!)