If Jurassic Park ever happened....

Could Jurassic Park ever really happen? How much of what you saw in Jurassic Park can be considered real? Discuss all of that and more here...
Tyrannis
db 2nd generation

Post by Tyrannis »

Ya it was debated before, and I still say that there wasn't a huge difference in the O2 content.
When all is said and done and the world is empty how much does it really matter the amount of money you had or what car you drove?
Garfielosaurus_rex
a hunter

Post by Garfielosaurus_rex »

SSJDinoTycoon42 wrote:question is: was there a voltage sign nearby and what did it say?

what did all the voltage signs say?

were they all the same?
Yes, all the fences have the same signs who says: Danger 10 000 volts.

Maybe that the voltage didn't return to its full power immediately? I heard that 10 000 volts who returns in a same time in a cable would "destroy" it and make it inoperative.
Tyrannis
db 2nd generation

Post by Tyrannis »

It could be a pulse current too you know, not a constant flow.
When all is said and done and the world is empty how much does it really matter the amount of money you had or what car you drove?
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

Ok, so I'm no electrician..., whats the difference between a pulse current and a constant flow...?
Tyrannis
db 2nd generation

Post by Tyrannis »

Pulse saves on energy by alternating the current so the amount of electricity wavers in a wave from no current up to a full then back down and up again, while a constant is a constant full current. We used a pulse at the zoo for the elephants and even we could touch it, it was shocking to say the least but not deadly.
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

Oh my god! I didn't know that, but thats just shocking! And its not good to use a pulse current! But to even use a Pulse current IN Jurassic Park is just plain stupid! It makes you just wonder, why would Hammond go cheap on this of all other thngs?!! (Quote: "We spared no expense").
Anyway, if Raptors were able to figure out that the Pulse current was used - as in the timer used on it. They may have figured out that at certain time intervals it would be safer to touch the fence.... etc.
Actually, maybe thats WHY some raptors were escaping often (as Robert Muldoon said so himself). maybe they knew that during feeding time, the current wasn't as deadly and so it maybe have been easier for them to get to 'fresh-meat'...? I don't know, but its just a guess
Tyrannis
db 2nd generation

Post by Tyrannis »

well the current is a rapid up and down. Although one of our elephants figured out that trick and she used to break the wires. They are smart girls.
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

Ok, so Raptors would be capible of figuring out the trick too... right?
lilgamefreek
the extinct

Post by lilgamefreek »

No the pulse current is a good thing, because if it was a constant current the shock of the electricity flowing through the body would keep the body loked onto the fence, therefore if the current was constant the body would remain locked and eventually fry. A pulse current not only allows the dinosaur to be shocked, but survive to learn its lesson.
Last edited by lilgamefreek on 30 Nov 2005, 01:13, edited 1 time in total.

Zombies. Hilarious
Tyrannis
db 2nd generation

Post by Tyrannis »

That's very true freek, maybe a 1 second pulse would work.