Is the T-REX a Hunter or a Scavenger?

Could Jurassic Park ever really happen? How much of what you saw in Jurassic Park can be considered real? Discuss all of that and more here...
Dino_Slayer
a wonderer

Post by Dino_Slayer »

To get back on topic,

T-Rex really did have legs that weren't built for speedy moves, but I still think that it could travel atleast 25 miles per hour, more than enough to keep up with, let's say, a ceratopsian or, even better, a sauropod, like Alamosaurus. This could be possible because there was only fifteen inches difference between his two leg bones. You don't always need huge speed to catch specific prey.

Then again, Giganotosaurus could have easily traveled faster, knowing it's Allosaurid blueprint, as far as I know, so T-Rex could have indeed been a scavenger. Doesn't change a thing about his coolness, though.

Still, there is some real good evidence of healed bitemarks in Hadrosaur and Triceratops skeletons that could have only been done when they were alive. This would suggest that T-Rex was indeed an active hunter.
Last edited by Dino_Slayer on 10 Aug 2005, 06:08, edited 1 time in total.
"With all the respect, JPIV, could you please start rolling?"- Dino_Slayer

SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

i think we pretty much put it to rest that T-Rex was both predator and scavenger depending on circumstances.

how it got so far off topic i'm not sure, i was just being creative. i was going to get back on topic as soon as i finished the story though, which would have been in like 2-3 more posts
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
DinoSol

Post by DinoSol »

I don't really see how a Giganotosaurus could've traveled "faster" than a Tyrannosaurus Rex, when Tyrannosaurus Rex is considered to have the best legs of any giant theropod dinosaur to date. Yes, it has been put to rest, Hunter/Scavenger, glad I wasn't here at the beginning /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Deepu_ravi
a hunter

Post by Deepu_ravi »

there is no point in continuing this debate,we were not alive during the time of t-rex and what scientists make are hypothesis or predictions and so i think this question will remain unanswered for a long time.
[The lawyer seeks shelter from the T.Rex in a bathroom]
Dr. Alan Grant: Well where does he think he's going?
Dr. Ian Malcolm: When you gotta go, you gotta go

- Jurassic Park
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

i feel the same way

oh yeah, welcome to the JPDB DinoSol /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Last edited by SSJDinoTycoon42 on 11 Aug 2005, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.
Deepu_ravi
a hunter

Post by Deepu_ravi »

glad to see new faces.
welcome to JPDb DinoSol
[The lawyer seeks shelter from the T.Rex in a bathroom]
Dr. Alan Grant: Well where does he think he's going?
Dr. Ian Malcolm: When you gotta go, you gotta go

- Jurassic Park
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

Ah, yes... greeting new personage...
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

Um... Next Part
*COMING SOON*
GWolf
an egg

Post by GWolf »

Deepu_ravi wrote:there is no point in continuing this debate,we were not alive during the time of t-rex and what scientists make are hypothesis or predictions and so i think this question will remain unanswered for a long time.
That's just a cop out.