T-REX, a Predator or a Scavenger?

Could Jurassic Park ever really happen? How much of what you saw in Jurassic Park can be considered real? Discuss all of that and more here...
Deepu_ravi
a hunter

Post by Deepu_ravi »

i think t-rex was a hunter as well as a scavenger because for example if you look at lions they are active hunters at the mean time they scavenge from cheetahs and hyenas so i think t-rex would also do the same thing.
[The lawyer seeks shelter from the T.Rex in a bathroom]
Dr. Alan Grant: Well where does he think he's going?
Dr. Ian Malcolm: When you gotta go, you gotta go

- Jurassic Park
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

Ah yes, very true...
And the thing is... many people just say "Nope, it is only one of the either, Scavenger/Predator"... they dont except the fact that it could have switched due it its health...
But anyway, I'm glad that you people are able to explore the T-Rex throughly... and, and analyze it as a living animal -- giving reasonable thoughts.

/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Deepu_ravi
a hunter

Post by Deepu_ravi »

thanks for the compliment
/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

- Jurassic Park
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

Only a fact... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> lol
Well, you guys are all great!
Deepu_ravi
a hunter

Post by Deepu_ravi »

t-rex is definitely my favourite dinosaur

- Jurassic Park
SoulTaker
a hatchling

Post by SoulTaker »

The ratio of strict predators alive today is amazingly low, almost all predator that scavenge when given the opportunity, lets face it, who isn't up for a free meal? "You killed it, yet I'm bigger than you, so hand it over". Although they can be hunters, the sight of a dead corpse is always (or oftenly) seen as a blessing, no effort (or almost none) in acquiring it, opposed to the energy and risk of going after living game, it's an obvious option that should not be set aside. Yet, when there is a too decomposed or no corpse, the predator hunts, either by stalking or ambushing. Crocodilians ambush, but they also take advantage of the corpses that the river brings to them. Lions stalk, yet if another predator has made a kill, they'll go for it.
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

A perfect answer, well explained
SoulTaker
a hatchling

Post by SoulTaker »

thank you /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

no no, thank YOU /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
SoulTaker
a hatchling

Post by SoulTaker »

lol, yet I must - with all sincerity - say that your initial post on this topic is by far more important than mine, I just 'concluded it' if you will. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />