Would you play a JP MMORPG?

Jurassic Park for the Super Nintendo - Project Genesis for the Consoles and PC's ... discuss it all here and upcoming JP titles..
god_that_failed
a wonderer

Post by god_that_failed »

i agree with you, they're ideas are good, but i like my idea best mainly becouse its my idea. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

i suppose that makes.....sense

you should be more open minded though /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
TyrannosaurusMatt
a wonderer

Post by TyrannosaurusMatt »

*BumP* /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Jurassic Park Legacy Co-Webmaster
www.jplegacy.org

Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

No offense, but these ideas seem older than Robert DeNiro in a mafia movie. Here's my 2 cents:

In the beginning you must choose a class. These would be Ranger, Hunter, and Gunner.
Rangers are well rounded. They can tackle numerous jobs with their array of tools. While they can deal almost any given situation, this reduces the effectiveness at which they handle a given task. Proficient with automatic weapons and starts with an M3A1.

+Jack-of-all-trades
-Master-of-no-trades

Hunters are a good solo class, as long as you don't get confrontational with too many gun-wielders. They come packed with numerous anti-dinosaur abilities. These players are gifted with above-normal detection options, close quarters fighting, and good survivalism skills. Proficient with close-ranged, semiautomatic weapons and starts with a Walther PPK.

+Best class with which to fight most dinosaurs
-Inept against most things with guns, unless they're out of ammo...

Gunner coming soon...
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

This is quite a large bump TyrannosaurusMatt. August...jeez...

Hold on Rex-Jay, wasn't the idea that it was a park that people went to and participated in? I think we have enough "fight dinosaurs" JP games.
Last edited by SSJDinoTycoon42 on 26 Jan 2006, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

But you can also fight humans. Plus it takes place on numerous islands: Sorna, Nublar, Muerte, and numerous ships. BTW, here is the Gunner:

This class is akin to 'mage' of conventional MMORPGs. It is skilled in attacks of range but lacks skills in close-range to melee combat. They are wonderfully equipped to fight humans and certain kinds of dinosaurs, just as long as they can keep their distance. Proficient with long-ranged rifles and starts with a Liendstrat Tranq.

+Excellent at long range
-Closest you can be to your target for comfort is medium range
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

I guess what I meant was that we have enough "let's go kill/fight something" JP games.

That's why I liked the ideas that TyrannosaurusMatt and lilgamefreak had. (on the first page if you want to know what it was)
TyrannosaurusMatt
a wonderer

Post by TyrannosaurusMatt »

SSJDinoTycoon42 wrote:This is quite a large bump TyrannosaurusMatt. August...jeez...

Hold on Rex-Jay, wasn't the idea that it was a park that people went to and participated in? I think we have enough "fight dinosaurs" JP games.
I know. I need a beer after such a large bump! *cracks open beer* Some of us at JPLegacy are thinking of ideas we could use to make an JP MMORPG! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Jurassic Park Legacy Co-Webmaster
www.jplegacy.org

SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Really? Hmm, maybe I should head over there. I joined a little while ago but I haven't posted yet.
god_that_failed
a wonderer

Post by god_that_failed »

i think if a team of modders worked hard enough they could make a JP MMO on the unreal 3 engine.