Could it be that instead of ancient DNA........

Could Jurassic Park ever really happen? How much of what you saw in Jurassic Park can be considered real? Discuss all of that and more here...
Sola Raptress

Post by Sola Raptress »

nissin wrote:I have a feeling Japan will come with this kinda stuff first...
Probably, Yes. They have the best technology on the globe. And not alot of genetic constraints, unlike America.
nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

Yeah, Japan is always ahead of us in technology. Even if they do get around to doing it, we won't find out till ages later. Who knows... they might be doing it right at this very moment... /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />
Tyrannis
db 2nd generation

Post by Tyrannis »

Now that's the kind of stuff I like to hear.
When all is said and done and the world is empty how much does it really matter the amount of money you had or what car you drove?
Dino_Slayer
a wonderer

Post by Dino_Slayer »

That's actually fairly interesting. Could it be that we're closer to that knowledge than five hundred years? Nobody knows.

What I do know is that we're extremely close to another and exactly as important period as with gene manipulation, that being the nano age. In twenty years we may already have invented tiny nanobots, that can be inserted to our bloodstream and used to keep us in good health, perhaps even changing our body functions to work in a better way.

Isn't science great? /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />
Last edited by Dino_Slayer on 02 Dec 2005, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
"With all the respect, JPIV, could you please start rolling?"- Dino_Slayer

nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

It's a scary thought. Makes you wonder, can we really trust these people...? Are they really doing what they say they are...? Also makes us realise that sciene is dangerous and really powerful... making lives better and also maybe destroying them...? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />
Dino_Slayer
a wonderer

Post by Dino_Slayer »

That is why everyone involved has to find the right moral and respect other humanbeings to make it work in the right way. We have to be extremely careful when starting to work with new technology. Humankind can't keep fasistically exploiting the more vulnerable individuals forever and I bet most of us know that. If they want our kind to evolve to a point where everyone can share a good, balanced life they must do their research for common well being. Our kind's future depends on that and I hold that future dear to myself as one of the many ancestors of the following generations.
Last edited by Dino_Slayer on 03 Dec 2005, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

Know what I hate seeing...?
I hate seeing new Technology and ...etc tested out on Animals.
Dino_Slayer
a wonderer

Post by Dino_Slayer »

Yeah, I also don't think that's a right thing to do.

nissin
the extinct

Post by nissin »

Sure, we're similar to them in some ways, but its just wrong and inhuman! Have you seen that thing on Discovery channel (I think), where they were growing human body parts like ears and noses on the back of mice?
Tyrannis
db 2nd generation

Post by Tyrannis »

That was so cool, that little mouse looked funky.
When all is said and done and the world is empty how much does it really matter the amount of money you had or what car you drove?