What Do You Think Killed The Dino's

Could Jurassic Park ever really happen? How much of what you saw in Jurassic Park can be considered real? Discuss all of that and more here...
V-rex
a hunter

Post by V-rex »

interesting that makes may theroy more belivable for the world wide dust cloud

evolution breaks all boundaries
lilgamefreek
the extinct

Post by lilgamefreek »

No iceage. I'm not sure if you know but ice ages are onlu a fairly fecent phenomenon, starting in only the last few couple hundred-thousand years. The earth's temperature actually seems to have risen during the rise of mammals, and theories have even said that a global rainforest covered the world with zero presence of icecaps.

Zombies. Hilarious
V-rex
a hunter

Post by V-rex »

i gusse your right

darkraptor
a hatchling

Post by darkraptor »

im a student paleontologist and i have done a paper on this but my theory is dino flu if any of you are intersted PM me
V-rex
a hunter

Post by V-rex »

that dose sound interesting

darkraptor
a hatchling

Post by darkraptor »

ok you dont need to PM me...

dino flu

what is ment by this is that you can take the common cold and sneezy on a bus or train ect and people near you get it. say if a Edmontasaurus had it and a tyraanosaur killed it and feed on it the rex would become infected and at some time drink water from a strem the virus would sperd up the water into the ocean were marin reptiles would become infected and also for pterosaurus feeding on infected corpses the same ruls apply
V-rex
a hunter

Post by V-rex »

i get it

lilgamefreek
the extinct

Post by lilgamefreek »

Not much of a paper, though I'm certain you paraphrased it a lot. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I'm interested, can you post the entire thing for us?

Us for some flaws I see. First of all, I find it rather hard to believe that a virus could spread that far and wide through a water system, expeacially through a water system as large as the global ocean. Yes there are water borne viruses, however you never hear cases of viruses spreading THROUGH aquatic means. Cholera, you'll have it living in the water system, however it never spreads to the main system because it simply isn't concentrated enough. Pending on the concentration on the virus will determine how far it spreads. Should you have one person dumping his diarhea into the well, then it will remain isolated in the well. If you have an entire city, the virus would likely spread throughout maybe a few miles out of the city. However there have never been cases of viruses spreading across the ocean by oceans alone.

The second problem I have with it is that it is highly unlikely a strain of viruses could wipe out a group as diverse as the dinosaurs. Humans have survived epidemics before. In Europe, a rather large portion of the population survived the plague. Spanish Flue was hard hitting but there were still those immune. All of this is withing one species. Should a illness decimate gorillas, it is unlikely it will affect us. In the rare case that does happen, it will be unlikely to affect Rhesus Monkeys. Dinosaurs, obviously, are far more diversified than our own evolutionary tree. Their resilience to sickness as a group is profoundly greater than ours.

And should a virus arise that does affect them as a large group, shouldn't it have affected creatures similar to it? Crocodiles, snakes, THE BIRDS. Even mammals who are a late offshoot of the reptiles that directly gave birth to the dinosaurs. Obviously a virus that could wipe an entire class would attack at some very basic level. Screw up production of an amino acid or cause rapid lipid degeneration. Something so basic must be shared with the rest of the animal kingdom and spread beyond simply large reptiles to other animals as well.

Zombies. Hilarious
darkraptor
a hatchling

Post by darkraptor »

i will post it on friday its on a disk and i forgot to download it i will get it posted on friday promise and yes that was just the cut down

and i hope my paper can clarafie my point and thanks for your feedback
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

Wow. Suddenly darkraptor and V-rex don't seem like such noobs anymore. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Lol sorry my post wasn't on topic.