What Do You Think Killed The Dino's

Could Jurassic Park ever really happen? How much of what you saw in Jurassic Park can be considered real? Discuss all of that and more here...
whit~e~rabb~it
an egg

Post by whit~e~rabb~it »

post Your Thoughts- Me I think it was not a asteroid
Last edited by whit~e~rabb~it on 09 May 2006, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

Be more specific.
Andy-rex
a hunter

Post by Andy-rex »

It could have been a disease in the Herbavores and when the carnavores ate them they died and since the dinos that scavenged meals ate those dead herbavore bodys they would soon die and since nobody would eat the dead bodys so the smell of the dead bodys got into other dinos lungs and it was very mutch like breathing in Crabon monoxide
[color=#0040FF]i'm a jurassic park veteran, you're not[/color]
Hadrosaur river
a hatchling

Post by Hadrosaur river »

What makes you think it wasn't a meteor impact? I personally think that's what killed the dinosaurs, because of the 'iridium spike' and everything
Rex-Jay
a wonderer

Post by Rex-Jay »

I find it most plausible that multiple, coinciding apocalypses occurred. But an impact with a space rock could be likely, the 'iridium spike' as H river said. Whatever it was, we might be the cause of the next one. But never fear, as Ian Malcolm so eliquently put it in the original JP novel, "We don't have the power to save the Earth, but we do have the power to save ourselves."
GWolf
an egg

Post by GWolf »

I think the meteor theory is flawed, for one, it relys on the idea dinosaurs were cold-blooded.

I'm guessing just your average climate changes, and alteration in food sources, then, maybe...MAYBE, a big rock from space sped up the inevitable
sPitter of the Rats
a hunter

Post by sPitter of the Rats »

Chuck Norris in a Time Machine.

Scudworth: I first got the idea for Cloney Island after seeing the movie Jurassic Park 3! But my ill-concieved amusement park will be filled with human clones instead of zoo animals! It's as fool-proof as the amusement park in the movie it's self!
lilgamefreek
the extinct

Post by lilgamefreek »

Chuck Norris didn't need a time machine.

Zombies. Hilarious
V-rex
a hunter

Post by V-rex »

my theory is that a metor hit the gulf of mexico causing a giant tital wave washing away most of the life in the southern united states this impact would also cause a massive dust cloud to form blocking out the sun which killed all of the plants the herbavoris with out a food source would cause all of them to die of malnutrition after the carnivors would finishing the copses would eventually devoure each other and the last surviving csrnivore would most likley die like its herbavories kin and the metor not just killing the dinosaurs but also creating the first ice age and starting the age of mammles
Last edited by V-rex on 14 Jan 2007, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.

evolution breaks all boundaries
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

Just remember that a while ago they discovered that it wasn't just one asteroid that impacted 65 million years ago. It was several. There were multiple craters that had been misdated for years until they finally realized that they were off and in fact were dated to the same time as the one they assumed killed the dinosaurs on its own.