Ending

Was it the original DNA manipulated Jurassic Park, the return of inGen in The Lost-World, or just the worth-wild running around frantically Jurassic Park III that captured your imagination.
SSJDinoTycoon42
db 2nd generation

Post by SSJDinoTycoon42 »

At the end of Jurassic Park III, the main characters are closing up their subplots. The Kirbys are going back to Oklahoma together, Billy is alive and we know he's been forgiven, and then we have Grant place his freshly returned hat atop his head.

I don't know if it can be found or if anyone remembers this. A while ago someone posted or uploaded an earlier draft of the JPIII script. In it there was more dialog amongst our main players. As Grant and Eric lean over looking down as they fly over the island, Eric questions what will happen to the dinosaurs now. The ensuing lines went something like this:

Paul: They'll probably firebomb the whole place.
Eric: I hope they don't, I'd like to come back someday.
(Grant then realizes): So would I...

Of course it doesn't make sense that they'd ever be allowed to return, but for character development I think it brings good closure for Grant. It was assessed earlier that after Nublar, Grant had shifted to not like dinosaurs as much anymore. This seems to show that he's come to grips with his experience in a way. I do see that him putting his hat on could also be a more subtle way of saying the same thing, but I don't know.

I'm no movie expert so please forgive me if I am completely off in some area here.
Last edited by SSJDinoTycoon42 on 10 Jun 2007, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
lilgamefreek
the extinct

Post by lilgamefreek »

Paul: They'll probably firebomb the whole place.
Eric: I hope they don't, I'd like to come back someday.
(Grant puts hat back on and smiles)

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
Last edited by lilgamefreek on 13 Jun 2007, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

Zombies. Hilarious
yjb
a hatchling

Post by yjb »

SSJDinoTycoon42 wrote:QUOTE (SSJDinoTycoon42 @ 06.10.2007 18:55) I don't know if it can be found or if anyone remembers this. A while ago someone posted or uploaded an earlier draft of the JPIII script. In it there was more dialog amongst our main players. As Grant and Eric lean over looking down as they fly over the island, Eric questions what will happen to the dinosaurs now.
I believe that ending was in the JPIII Story Book.

I think a better closure for Grant would be the realize that Ellie is the woman for him and to go try and get her back!

-yvonne
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/film/newbeg]My JP FanFiction[/url]
[url=http://anklyogirl.topcities.com/daaefa.html]Alan & Ellie Fanfic Archive[/url]
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/film/jpfanfiction]JP: Dawn Of Retribution FanFic[/url]