Forum Upgrade to 2.3.6

Hazards, Warnings, Closures, Contacts, you'll find all the database information here. Including announcements.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Jurassic Park db. Here you will find all information concerning the forum and webmail updates.
Jon
db 2nd generation
Special Ranking: The All Seeing Eye

Post by Jon »

I finally got around to applying the new forum license to the Jurassic Park db. With the new license came a new version of the Invision Board forum. I am looking forward to the 3.0 version that will hopefully be released soon, but for now I upgraded from 2.2.0 to 2.3.6. Hopefully this will cut down on the "spam" that keeps pounding this forum. I do not have a theme for this new version yet, but I will be creating one soon. If anyone would like to help, please feel free to drop me a personal message or an email.

I am also working on a module that lets me link the existing user database on www.jpdatabase.net with the forum database on www.jpdatabase.com. I don't know when I'll be able to have this completed, as the components I am using are still in the beta stages.

Along with the module, I will be releasing the free @jpdatabase.com webmail again. As some of you know, the original webmail was closed down due to all the spambots that registered on the mail system. This time I have created a link with Microsoft's Windows Live Mail/Hotmail to offer up free webmail accounts. The accounts can be linked here on the forum or with MSN/Windows Live Messenger. Call it a JPdb IM, if you will.

Please let me or any of the mods know if you have any issues with the latest version of the forum.

Thanks!!
Webmaster of the one and only JPdb
1999 to current, and still going.
JPController
a hunter

Post by JPController »

Congratulations. I'll miss the comment in your profile though.
Btw are you still putting other sites in your links on the main page?
JPD VET DJP3 VET InGenNet VET
Site B Owner
Jon
db 2nd generation
Special Ranking: The All Seeing Eye

Post by Jon »

Yes, I always add affiliates to the site. As for the profile--I was messing around with the settings, and I saw a legacy profile view. It reminds me of the days when I used to run Ultimate Bulletin Board. As soon as I get an idea for the new layout, I'll start rolling out all the new features... one by one.
Webmaster of the one and only JPdb
1999 to current, and still going.